Development Map and Chart

The map really helps visualize the 'Major' areas of development. Particularly Harrison Ave. There is still so much that can be done in that area, but it's great to see so much going on right now.

Full "neighborhoods" are being developed in the Seaport, Fenway, North Station, and Harrison. It's exciting, and that's just Boston Proper.

anyone know why Skyscraperpage.com never updates its pages on Boston it list only two projects proposed, one being 1 Dalton st which we know is under construction just curious

For the diagram you have to do a diagram search to see buildings that do not have a model. As far as generally I think because they haven't seen pictures of actual foundation work and not just excavation for a foundation on 1 Dalton and that is what it takes to get a thread moved. Partially because not many people are active on there. I post occasionally but it has been really dead lately.

ok they updated it ,sorry before folks yell at me I tried for an hour to get a screen shot no can do?

That diagram can be added to by anyone that has a drawing creator account (can't remember what it's actually called). They aren't the best but a bunch of those were created by me. I have the same username on both sites.

cool ^ I wd never think this was Boston except for 100 Federal

yay! someone just taught me how to do a screen shot! and I see u added two more drawings!

That diagram can be added to by anyone that has a drawing creator account (can't remember what it's actually called). They aren't the best but a bunch of those were created by me. I have the same username on both sites.

Worth noting that Avalon North Station is supposed to be 449', not 415'. I posted a thread on skyscraperpage for them to change that (as well as Atlantic Wharf to 436' crown height, 395' roof) but I'm not sure if I posted it in the right place. Either way we need new drawings for those 2.

I have a taller version submitted but it hasn't been approved yet and when I submitted it I included an explanation as to why it should be taller with a link to the FAA height approval so hopefully that will be updated soon.

nice job either way! The diagram just blows me away that those proposed buildings are in Boston :)

Nice start, but for the errors. 888 Boylston is located in Waban (?) and no mention of the New Balance projects, the residential project on Braintree Street in Brighton, Mosaic, BW Building of the Future and several projects in Southie to name a few.

Also, shows Charing Cross despite construction being pretty much complete since 34 of the 55 units have closed.

Shows 2000 Comm Ave, which I wouldn't show since it is interior renovations and replacing windows, not new construction.

It is just a dump of what the BRA web site says is "under construction" with all the corresponding out of date information. Not anything really researched.

Figured I'd throw another website out there that's tracking projects in and around Boston... http://www.bldup.com/places/boston

These guys are looking to provide some more information on each of the projects and definitely saw some that weren't on the Boston Biz Journal site.

How does this one rate?

The thing that jumps out to me is neither of them show the Copley Place Tower. Idk why they didn't include it but that seems like a pretty big thing to miss.

Figured I'd throw another website out there that's tracking projects in and around Boston... http://www.bldup.com/places/boston

These guys are looking to provide some more information on each of the projects and definitely saw some that weren't on the Boston Biz Journal site.

How does this one rate?

Lots of stuff out of date, don't have the project on Braintree Street. List many things under construction that have been completed and had tenants move in (e.g. Merc on Moody, Continuum in Allston). They list the NB Headquarters as under construction, when it is occupied; show 125 Guest Street with its Letter of intent, but they don't show the under construction Bruins practice facility at all.

I didn't know where to post this so I figured this was the best place. Can we make it a habit to post the most recent renderings on the first posts in each thread like they do on skyscrapercity for example? Its really time consuming to have to search through each thread to find what the tower will actually look like.

I didn't know where to post this so I figured this was the best place. Can we make it a habit to post the most recent renderings on the first posts in each thread like they do on skyscrapercity for example? Its really time consuming to have to search through each thread to find what the tower will actually look like.

Sounds like an request for Mods or Admin that would go well in this thread: http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=3765

Excellent idea.

Back