Downtown Crossing/Financial District | Discussion

here again today
080-1.jpg
077-2.jpg
076-1.jpg
074-1.jpg

Well, it may not be near the glory it once had but at least it is doing a respectable job of climbing out of the hole it has been in for the past few decades.

The worst part about that view is that it exists. Damn you forever, Hayward Place parking lot.

I rather see Haywood place become an underground/parking/transit garage and the top made into a park,I would hate to lose this view,this is the only place I would rather a park than building

I rather see Haywood place become an underground/parking/transit garage and the top made into a park,I would hate to lose this view,this is the only place I would rather a park than building

OR you could build a building with setbacks and take the shot from inside.

Hayward Pl needs a building. I do think that it should be set further back for better sidewalk space/street views but leaving it as a parking lot or building a park is too much of a waste. There are other places in downtown which deserve a small park more than this lot.

Last edited:
^^
I don't believe that is the reason. The most recently news about the project was back in 2006, way after that lawsuit in 1998. I believe the initial proposal was also after the lawsuit.

Edit: Initial proposal was 2001. Here's the BRA report.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentauthority.org/press/PressDisplay.asp?pressID=70

They tore down the garage there in anticipation of Phase II, which later became the Boston Crossing proposal. The projects fell through and they just paved the lot.

I know but I don't think that's what is preventing it from being developed now.

This parking lot would be prime location for Boston's new tallest.

With all the residential buildings expected to start construction this year I would think this should be next. What I hope is that this project doesn't start till after Menino leaves office. The planned project is to modest for this site. I don't know, however, how enforceable Menino's agreement with Millennium is.

Back