Echelon Seaport | 133-135 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Re: Seaport Parcels M1-M2 | Seaport Sq. | Seaport

Frankly, as much as I love this project, I wondered the same thing, just how much retail/restaurant space can the Seaport support unless these developments (like One Seaport Square) become destinations of their own. We're talking hundreds of thousands of square feet of retail/restaurant space.

Supermarkets and gyms require a lot of square feet and will likely be coming to the Seaport as the resident and employee base grows. That could fill quite a bit.

Supermarkets and gyms require a lot of square feet and will likely be coming to the Seaport as the resident and employee base grows. That could fill quite a bit.

Maybe, but 1) this is really pricey space for a supermarket or gym and 2) previous analysis in several threads has pointed out that even with full buildout the Seaport is probably light on population to support a supermarket.

re: gyms, Equinox was one of the first tenants to sign on at One Seaport Square. It'll open this year.

This with the new seaport square godsend next door and pier 4 across the street, oh yea and that new 'iconic" tower going up next to 1 seaport square, lets see here...parcel k, waterside phase 2, etc etc etc....... Everything is getting better, everything is filling in the gaps, and everything is addressing the needs of the public. Still waiting on a school and library, but they're coming. Just driving down here now is already a sigh of relief wen you get here because you know its easy grid like traffic with new paved roads and your basically out of the clusterfuck now that your here. Every single cute girl I know has a picture of her at the lawn on D somewhere on her Facebook, small simple things like that can pay huge dividends for getting free publicity. Its almost become a night life status symbol to have a picture here.

Dare I say this is going to be one of the better "downtown-esque" neighborhoods when done? Time will tell. Id already rather go here than in the middle of nowhere downtown tbh.

Those renders are accurate to what has been seen so far, looks like this is the plan. I love how it is going to connect to the dev. across the street as well as sending you towards pier 4 on the other side. Very well thought of development right here that is going to be a huge success. Then the path just so happens to send you to the absolutely incredible parcels in seaport square across the st with the public square/court yard. Its incredible architecture but whats going to be its greatest accomplishment is how it interconnects the pieces around it next door.

Private school or public? Or likely not known yet? Where would the kids come from anyway? Not a lot of kids in the Seaport and there are already public schools in South Boston. Maybe an elementary school may make sense, but that's about it based on the current and expected demographics.

Private school or public? Or likely not known yet? Where would the kids come from anyway? Not a lot of kids in the Seaport and there are already public schools in South Boston. Maybe an elementary school may make sense, but that's about it based on the current and expected demographics.

I really do not see a public school as likely. Boston has an excess of about 40,000 classroom seats right now. There are active plans to shed something more than 30 schools across the city. There will also be some new construction, but typically on an existing school site.

I really do not see a public school as likely. Boston has an excess of about 40,000 classroom seats right now. There are active plans to shed something more than 30 schools across the city. There will also be some new construction, but typically on an existing school site.

This can be a hairy subject because of history, class and race, but a lot of people simply move out of the core downtown neighborhoods because the Eliot school doesn't have enough spots to accommodate demand. So while, yes, I would not contest any of the above one could make the argument that if you built a new public school in the Seaport and opened it to downtown (or whatever BPS "zone" it would be in, assuming that also included downtown) that school would be a successful venture in terms of enrollment, etc.

For similar reasons I could see a strong argument for why a private school would be successful in the Seaport.

I have a half-dozen co-workers who left the city over the last 3-4 years because their oldest kid didn't get into Eliot.

^ My point made about "Echelon" exactly. I guess it is their new brand, but by an odd coincidence, it fits this specific development perfectly.

^^ Do we know if that's an official image or just a home brew that someone put together.

They went through the effort of including the recent Seaport Square renders (Parcel D, "Harbor Way", L3-P massings), but not the been-around-for-longer Fan Pier (50 Liberty), Pier 4 (office and condo buildings), or 150 Seaport renders. If that implies that this render is official/accurate for Seaport Square, it makes me wonder if its Parcel G render is legit.

^^ Do we know if that's an official image or just a home brew that someone put together.

They went through the effort of including the recent Seaport Square renders (Parcel D, "Harbor Way", L3-P massings), but not the been-around-for-longer Fan Pier (50 Liberty), Pier 4 (office and condo buildings), or 150 Seaport renders. If that implies that this render is official/accurate for Seaport Square, it makes me wonder if its Parcel G render is legit.

I remember Parcel G was supposed to look like this:

2vtcc2d.png

but that was before the northern avenue realignment.

Part of me wishes they hadn't realigned, as artistic forms often arise from interesting constraints.

Pier 4 Office and Condo are included but not 150 Seaport or 50 Liberty, anyone know where this image came from?

Parcel G is probably accurate now that the big electric line is being moved from running diagonally across it, this is a big shame in my opinion, the original design was awesome.

Pier 4 Office and Condo are included but not 150 Seaport or 50 Liberty, anyone know where this image came from?

No, those are not current Pier 4 renders. They're much simpler versions.

Note that the office building render, for example, does not have the "stacked boxes" design. And the massing of the condo building is all wrong.

No, those are not current Pier 4 renders. They're much simpler versions.

Note that the office building render, for example, does not have the "stacked boxes" design. And the massing of the condo building is all wrong.

You're right, this is obviously a WS render that is accurate for Seaport Square but not all the other projects.

Hmm, did not realize that Seaport square extends to the other side of Summer...

It does not. That's a place holder.

saw this on flickr from BLDUP

Aerial View by BLDUP Boston, on Flickr

Weirdest render ever. One seaport is under construction, that new slice building is rendered, 50 liberty is almost completed but they rendered it as the very old version? Weird. Anways thats what weve been needing to see for a while.

Oh yea and look at the place holder for 100 norther ave (the building next to pier 4).

Weirdest render ever. One seaport is under construction, that new slice building is rendered, 50 liberty is almost completed but they rendered it as the very old version? Weird. Anways thats what weve been needing to see for a while.

More observations:

1) It does not have the render for the spiral Whiskey Priest building.
2) It does have the massing model for the GE HQ

Back