Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

I love how they wait until after the ink is dry on the law firm lease before announcing the gypsy village to come!

Hey who knows, could be an opportunity for something really cool.

Or it could be a typical creation of Menino and his buddy Joe Fallon - the man who blessed our city with Park Lane and was rewarded by being handed Fan Pier in a back-room deal.

Can you just imagine the radio ads?

"TWO-DAY ONLY RUG CLEARANCE EXTRAVAGANZA AT 'THE BIG TENT @ FAN PIER' SAVE 50% OFF MANUFACTURERS pricing! SILK PERSIANS - 75% off! FAN PIER - FEEL THE EXCITEMENT!"

World-class waterfront.
Thomas M. Menino.

Menino? This is clearly Obama's fault.

Obama? This is clearly the fault of a vast left wing conspiracy incorporating the Fed, Hilary Clinton, Al Gore, and The Baldwin Family.

IMG_3023.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

Ouch; I just looked at the first few Seaport shots above after the sublime perspective of Atlantic Wharf...and blegh.

Tulsa by the Sea.

Woops, I forgot a shot. My camera is NOT that great for night shots (and I obviously dont carry a tripod around), but you can still tell whats going on. The green lights intrigue me. I think the building looks great dark....hopefully when the tenants move in they turn off their lights at night.

IMG_3025.jpg

And the water shots were taken from the T ferry to charleston. Only 1.70 or free with any weekly/monthly pass, and it provides some good views of Boston.

This building is revolting. Joe Fallon is a plague on the Seaport.

And at least we know what'll win for Worst Development of 2009.

Last edited:
I think the building looks great dark....

You know, I've said the same thing about girls on occasion and when the lights come back on it tends to be confirmed that the darkness was, indeed, quite flattering on them.

Honestly, I don't hate what I've seen from this building so far. Granted, I haven't seen it from up close, but it's O.K. It's not beautiful and it doesn't stand out, but it fills the role of insignificant mid-rise just fine. The problem is that it's located in what is/will be a neighborhood of insignificant mid-rises.

You know, I've said the same thing about girls on occasion and when the lights come back on it tends to be confirmed that the darkness was, indeed, quite flattering on them.

Throwing this into the Best Comment of 2009.

Any reason they (and companies in general) would choose to lease space like that over say just floors 14-18?

I'm not a security expert, but my guess is a precaution against workplace violence directed at high-value staff.

Last edited:
Admin takes the second floor. Lawyers get 16-18. The views help recruit/retain lawyers and make for impressive client meetings. Who cares where accounts payable ends up . . .

At least IP looks good in those pics. I'm not crazy about this building hopefully it will blend in when future development rises.

yeah tonight I am gonna take my tripod with me try to get some shots of the building and reflection closer to like the coast guard building and 470 Atlantic ave area.

Thanks :) and yeah I dig the green lights and the lights up top ~ ~ ~

Back