Fan Pier Developments | Seaport

How the hell did that second one get so big? I didnt even know they were building a second one.

Jass -- those two are the 2 Vertex buildings -- two different architects -- two different exteriors -- seem to be very similar at the core

From the free rooftop deck at Independence Wharf:

ohbTv.jpg

Ground level:

kPQz5.jpg

Also, having 'interacted' with this green space, I must say it's rather difficult to use. Those dark bands are 'half-steps' that make the space hard to use and it's completely covered in goose crap.

YihFn.jpg

I'm pretty sure they put those tripper-steps in just to make sure that the space isn't used for pickup soccer games or other active sports. Absolutely pathetic. The steps say you're only allowed to sunbathe there.

I'm pretty sure they put those tripper-steps in just to make sure that the space isn't used for pickup soccer games or other active sports. Absolutely pathetic. The steps say you're only allowed to sunbathe there.

Agreed, it's always been bothersome, and I've felt that is the reasoning behind it. We should organize a meetup and start playing soccer or kickball or something.

Agreed, it's always been bothersome, and I've felt that is the reasoning behind it. We should organize a meetup and start playing soccer or kickball or something.

It will be short lived-- it is privately owned open space. Like most new parks in this country.

Seems as though the geese have no problem using it actively

The back half (water side) is flat. I'll bring my football in tomorrow and we can toss it around.

Frisbee is for rich peoples college kids and hippies.... and the beach of course.

Those obnoxious steps also make cutting that grass way more complicated than it needs to be.

this morning from Chelsea
147.jpg
150.jpg
136.jpg
IMG]http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/ric02124/2012/136.jpg[/IMG] later from East Boston
055.jpg
060.jpg

Last edited:
Talk about the quintessential short, squat, Boston building! Must be the camera angle or something! Seriously, is this Fan Pier's fate???

Great shots 02124...that first one from Chelsea was great

Talk about the quintessential short, squat, Boston building! Must be the camera angle or something! Seriously, is this Fan Pier's fate???

I think the height has been limited because of it's close proximity to Logan Airport. However, that does not excuse poor design.

You will never see that building once the buildings on Pier Four are built. You won't be able to see the ICA either.

You will never see that building once the buildings on Pier Four are built. You won't be able to see the ICA either.

This is true. Nor will we see the financial district skyline from this vantage point. All we will see, is whichever stumps manage to grab the foreground.

Back