Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Re: Fenway Center Phase I | ~775 Beacon St | Fenway

Hold on, does everyone here think the garage is Phase I? Or just jass?

Literally every source available says the garage is Phase II. Every article, every render, everything. The only reference casting any doubt is one poorly written sentence in one article, but if you really pull it apart even that implies the garage is not included in Phase I.

The garage is Phase II. This thread is Phase I. These threads should be merged.

jass is confused about a lot of things... ;)

Re: Fenway Center Phase I | ~775 Beacon St | Fenway

Would it be preferable for commuter rail trains to run at a frequency of 10-minute headways into and out of the city like you'll see in places like Greater London, England? ABSOLUTELY! Obviously, our transportation system is broken and underfunded, but those problems are only exascerbated if you induce the demand for vehicle trips, traffic congestion, and noise pollution if you give people more places to park in a city.

The tech for dmu's piloted by microchips can't be too far off.

It would seem we are suffering from a shortfall of leadership + ideas + appropriate tax contributions from the suburbs.... Start by turning up those toll and lyft/uber rates during peak traffic hours for single riders......

Last edited:
Pretty cool render with phase 2 Ive never seen. Who knows but just imagine Boston in a few years with this over the pike, Charlesgate west, the realigned pike and developments, the pike parcels covered near the Pru, and the Hotel at New Balance. It'll feel like a whole new city. Crazy.

Another angle how this meets the train station. Ignore the building on the left for now.

bizrateblogimage.jpg

Ignore the garage at the top

2015-03-18_Fenway-Center5.jpg

Awesome. Imagine Phase 1 + 2 of FC, 2 Charlesgate W and the 2 Kenmore hotels joining the Pierce.... You'll have a fairly dense urban zone from BU and from Jamaicaway Tower clear to Assembly Row and Wynn. The Fenway should have reached this level during Menino's time in office. Maybe under the agressive planning expected w/ Walsh II, these can get done.

Awesome. Imagine Phase 1 + 2 of FC, 2 Charlesgate W and the 2 Kenmore hotels joining the Pierce.... You'll have a fairly dense urban zone from BU and from Jamaicaway Tower clear to Assembly Row and Wynn. The Fenway should have reached this level during Menino's time in office. Maybe under the agressive planning expected w/ Walsh II, these can get done.

Charlesgate West is dead. D-E-D, dead.

Why? According to who? It's SOP around here for a tower to fall off the radar, only to be revived from the dead 1-3 years later and (maybe sometimes) built.

Isnt the last news just that they moved forward with a formal filing and then the red sox complained a little bit? Its been quiet but I dont recall seeing it cancelled anywhere.

If the Red Sox' Henry can stop a building 1400 feet away, it's time to take yesterday's hero turned latest jerk to task..... and kick some ass.

The developer wired the funds owed to MassDOT last week per Pollack's comments right now. She looks forward to announcing the groundbreaking soon. This is happening.

Mark my words, but phase 2 will not be built for a long time. Most likely not in any of our lifetimes.

Guys, stop complaining and be thrilled that phase 1 is happening at all. These are useless parking lot parcels and windswept areas that will now be far more urban and useful than before.

I'd love to see phase 2 get built, but not freaking out if it doesn't.

Guys, stop complaining and be thrilled that phase 1 is happening at all. These are useless parking lot parcels and windswept areas that will now be far more urban and useful than before.

I'd love to see phase 2 get built, but not freaking out if it doesn't.

This. There seems to be a frequent sentiment that every project needs to knock the ball out of the park. It's an impossible standard. Even if the Pike phase never occurs this seems like a significant positive upgrade over the current parking lots, no? If the Pike actually gets decked then even if cookie-cutter glass boxes end up over it I think it's a huge win. When key lots are wasted or drag forever for no good reason a totally get it but this doesn't seem like one of those situations.

Why? According to who? It's SOP around here for a tower to fall off the radar, only to be revived from the dead 1-3 years later and (maybe sometimes) built.

SOP... In 3~5 years 2 Charlesgate W should come back as a 480' show stopper..... You're just in the middle of the western slope from 1 Dalton to Harry Agganis.

Geebus, ship the moonbats to the new Readville development. They're holding back solid transit oriented planning.

Today ArchPaper provided a new Phase II render that I had not seen.

https://archpaper.com/2017/12/bostons-fenway-center-break-ground/

It looks like an expanded view of the one Stick posted.

2015-03-18_Fenway-Center6.jpg

Maybe I'm just noticing what was always pretty obvious, but my impression had been that these buildings would actually connect to Beacon St., rather than simply emerge from bellow the bridge. Not that emerging buildings rather than nothing isn't an improvement, but to truly knit the gap between Brookline and Beacon together, these buildings should at least appear to front the actual street. That was one of the great things about the old Columbus Square project, that had it been built, nowhere on Columbus, Berkeley, or Clarendon, would there have been evidence that the streets were really bridges.

Back