Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

These are the juicy goods I come here for. So you think it's more of a "we're delayed due to a stupid decision that's going to take a while to fix" vs. "the project is in collapse because of financing, and therefore we will have a horribly under construction pike for years"?

These are the juicy goods I come here for. So you think it's more of a "we're delayed due to a stupid decision that's going to take a while to fix" vs. "the project is in collapse because of financing, and therefore we will have a horribly under construction pike for years"?

I'd really like to think that state officials made the developer post some kind of bond when working on a project like this over a critical interstate. The bond should ideally be enough to put the highway back to the way it was pre-construction should the developer abandon the project. Hopefully we never need to find out here and this is just a delay.

I have a source who says it should be resuming this month. There were issues with deck steel girders which stalled it for a bit. BHH was just speculating

This doesn't surprise me. I've heard rumblings of some major construction projects having issues aquiring steel girders. For example, the extension of Autoroute 35 in southern Quebec to the Vermont border has been stalled because they have been unable to source girders for the last river crossing north of the U.S. border.

Yes. Work will resume soon. I can't imagine how much they're costing themselves in carrying costs. Although, maybe it's not as bad as you'd think because they're leasing air rights (i.e., they don't have some huge mortgage on a parcel they own).

As of 8/13/23

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0671.JPG
    IMG_0671.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 266
Just curious, but how does steel like this hold up (esp if not painted/maintained properly) above a heavily salted highway?

Back