Fenway Center (One Kenmore) | Turnpike Parcel 7, Beacon Street | Fenway

Wow, this building is absolutely massive! Some angles look sharp and proportional, and they're obviously playing with those in the presentation. Other angles are gonna make this thing look huge, like across the Charles for instance, where it will appear to be right between the BU data science center and the new Studio Gang tower in Kenmore.

View attachment 2712
This is awesome, but isn't it pretty weird that they are building over the pike yet there are a number of parking lots in that picture?

That building is massive and fat, but strangely in a good way. Its gonna have such a presence in the area.

This is awesome, but isn't it pretty weird that they are building over the pike yet there are a number of parking lots in that picture?
It will definitely highlight the need to develop those lots. I suspect both Brookline Ave. and Beacon St., coming out of Kenmore will start to look fairly similar to the new Boylston St. over the next 5-10 years. It's incredible that there is still so much land available.

Yes that big parking lot in that picture in the bottom left that is at the beginning of Landsdowne Street should be filled and developed first. A nice street wall with first floor restaurants and 10-15 floors of residential on top. Then make a walking path that connects the first phase of Fenway Center to it

...eliminating 500 of the 1,290 parking spaces to 790 spaces allows them to go straight
for final approval which btw, is scheduled for next month on the 13th.
i guess they want to go u/c sometime this year.

I'll never believe this phase of the project is happening until the pike is completely covered up. This and SST. Build it and maybe I'll believe its real. Even then I'll have my doubts, maybe they have holograms now.

#345' Over the Pike.....

They're attempting to partner up with Samuels to coordinate the lane closures,
and build each stage of decking in Synchronicity with the project at Parcel 12.

Last edited:
A7455B73-EED1-4BFB-AB50-FC2B494AF19D.jpeg
56FDA6AB-394D-4092-A507-0F232937C94F.jpeg
FC73EA25-268B-4480-82B8-411709A14F54.jpeg
8A840AA5-3FB9-40F3-AD78-8A7C8FF74CDA.jpeg
7D175288-B208-4753-A058-3CDDDA331484.jpeg

It's going to be like dropping a 100' taller Seaport Sq box.
Not sure if it matters a whole lot.
If it's going to take something like this to pay for the $100M deck, then go ahead.
Renders from this angle would be good.
The transformation of the area should be something to behold in 4, 5 years.

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Are there any renderings that show what this will look like with the proposed Hotel Buckminster Tower right next to it?

I feel like I missed a change in this. I thought phase 2 had decent size tower that look slightly taller and not as wide. Is it just the angles of the render or has it changed?

MBTA just put out a fresh update saying that the Beacon Street entrance to the Lansdowne station will reopen in mid-March. It closed at the start of December 2018 and was supposed to be closed for approximately one year.

Back