Fort Point Infill and Small Developments

^^ Correct. An 8 alarm blaze. Check out item #'s 504 and 468 in this thread. Links to articles about the fire on page 24.

I walk past this building every day. They've done a great job. Interior is coming along nicely.

This was the building that had a major fire several years ago, was it not? IIRC, renovations had started, so there were no fire stops or sprinklers, and lots of wood joists and columns.

Stel -- while the beams and joists are huge timbers some of the warehouses have cast iron, concrete mushroom columns or even steel columns [some retrofit]

for example image from Logmein HQ

SGA_LogMeIn_01_2.jpg

SGA_LogMeIn_05.jpg
SGA_LogMeIn_04.jpg

Big office building sale announced today. TIAA-CREF is apparently going to buy a six-building portfolio currently owned by Clarion Partners, according to Banker & Tradesman.

Property addresses are:

x 374 CONGRESS ST
x 33-41 FARNSWORTH ST
x 44 FARNSWORTH ST
38 FARNSWORTH ST
x 34 FARNSWORTH ST
x 332 CONGRESS ST

Steve Adams at B&T has 263 Summer as one of the addresses; it doesn't come up on the assessor's website, though. Also, the same owner owns 38 Farnsworth so I'm including it above even though Steve doesn't have it listed. I dunno.

Perhaps the owners of 10 Farnsworth condo project are waiting for the dust to settle before beginning construction?

http://www.bankerandtradesman.com/2016/03/fort-point-office-portfolio-agreement-225m/

Big office building sale announced today. TIAA-CREF is apparently going to buy a six-building portfolio currently owned by Clarion Partners, according to Banker & Tradesman.

Property addresses are:

x 374 CONGRESS ST
x 33-41 FARNSWORTH ST
x 44 FARNSWORTH ST
38 FARNSWORTH ST
x 34 FARNSWORTH ST
x 332 CONGRESS ST

Steve Adams at B&T has 263 Summer as one of the addresses; it doesn't come up on the assessor's website, though. Also, the same owner owns 38 Farnsworth so I'm including it above even though Steve doesn't have it listed. I dunno.

Perhaps the owners of 10 Farnsworth condo project are waiting for the dust to settle before beginning construction?

http://www.bankerandtradesman.com/2016/03/fort-point-office-portfolio-agreement-225m/

Huh... GE got outbid? Or did they take the second place bid as soon as GE and P&G officially hooked up?

This is my favorite un-built project right now. This has tonnes of promise.
cca

Last edited:
It is a little awkward squeezing 6floors plus roofdeck where the adjacent buildings just have 6 floors in the same height.

This is my favorite un-built project right now. This has tonnes of progress.

cca

It's nice and works well with the neighborhood. But really, you are more excited to see a 7 story box get built than to see One Dalton, SST, Copley Tower, Congress Street office building, Winthrop Square, and One Bromfield?

It is a little awkward squeezing 6floors plus roofdeck where the adjacent buildings just have 6 floors in the same height.

I can find nothing awkward about this at this moment. Floor to floor heights differ from building to building for multitude of reasons. This is a wonderfully contextual project

It reminds me of the MBTA transformer building on state street. It is unrelentingly contemporary but is the best friend of the historic streetface.

Lets hope the details live up to the craft.

cca

Wow. This whole page is just more awesome.

Love it when burnouts are brought back.

Can't wait for the 20 Story/Berkely Investm........... :rolleyes:

Huh... GE got outbid? Or did they take the second place bid as soon as GE and P&G officially hooked up?

Equilib -- GE apparently got what they wanted and wanted exactly what they got :cool:

The combination they picked gave them:
  • 2 old warehouses which once housed New England Confectionary Company [aka NECCO of the eponymous street and court] to look gritty and industrially historical and to provide an appropriate front-end for visitors
  • some open parking lot upon which to construct whatever glass and steel combination of boxes is needed to meet the HQ's combined roll
    • a sandbox / playpen for Gnurds and Gnurdian Managers and customers
    • appropriate elements to house Suits and necessary Suit-supporting infrastructure
    • Jeff Immelt's Giant GE Logo to well ....

see my post of this morning in the GE HQ thread # #321 with Doug Gensler's more poetic and architectural-speak description

Awesome idea, but GE Solar panels could be even better since photosynthesis only happens in the summer months. :thumbup:
btw, speaking of Ft Point, when is the BRA is gonna rule on that 20 story tower proposed by Berkeley Investments? What a spectacular upgrade for the new GE hq/neighborhood. Almost as excited about this project as the rest of what's going on in the neighborhood. :cheers:

moderator; can we get a smiles upgrade to respond to extra spectacular ideas? :cheers:

Last edited:
10 Farnsworth parking lot is closed today. Hoping it's a sign of better things to come...

Back