Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Two thoughts: 1) when I pointed out MT to my girl over the summer and said something to the effect of "that's that big tower you would've seen on the skyline going up a couple years ago" she had no idea what I was talking about, which backs up my hunch that oblivious folks stay oblivious even in the face of a big new tower. On the other hand 2) an awful lot of camera shots from Fenway Park this coming season are going to show this thing looming real large, in which case the masses will truly be well aware.

I also think towers in Downtown kind of get lost/blend in. The Back Bay skyline is much more iconic and has been pretty much the Pru + Hancock with the minor addition of r2d2 (and of course the old Hancock). This will be pretty... noticeable and a pretty big change when looking at Boston and its skyline.

Most people have no idea this is going up. When it adds 10 more floors people will realize it's not just another mid rise apartment building. Then they are going to start talking. When 432 Park Ave was going up it wasn't until it got higher than the normal midtown skyscrapers that my non development aware friends started talking about it (always negative).

^Awesome set of pics I like how the 1st one make’s International pl 1 look like it’s got a new addition,A friend sent me this pic >

^Awesome set of pics I like how the 1st one make’s International pl 1 look like it’s got a new addition

Thanks those were from the top of the hill at Deer Island. Freezing day! The whole place was an ice slick.

These are from yesterday, 2/4, as the hail, rain, and fog was rolling in.

Arnold Arboretum

IMG_1120 by David Z, on Flickr

Larz Anderson Park

IMG_1132 by David Z, on Flickr

Last edited:
You've been busy, DZ! Thanks to you and BeeLine for these photos.

I had my doubts, but they're sticking to their schedule. This is absolutely past 400' now.

DZ, where in Woburn and Waltham do you take those pictures?

Woburn is the top of the hill at Horn Pond, via the Nolan Trail.

Arlington is Robbins Farm Park.

Waltham is Prospect Hill, Little Prospect. (which many people skip past but has a much better view than Big Prospect)

Watching this rise makes me not care that the Copley tower isn't happening anymore.

Watching this rise makes me not care that the Copley tower isn't happening anymore.

It is fun to watch this go up I agree. Its getting very obvious from lots of different spots. I was over at huntington and mass ave and boom it was right in your face, pretty cool.

Back