Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Baby's first lightning strike happened tonight too:

https://twitter.com/pictureboston/status/1054893022566141953

Mark Garfinkel
‏Verified account @pictureboston
3h3 hours ago

Lightning strikes a construction crane atop #Boston's newest skyscraper, 1 Dalton St., at the height of this evening's thunderstorm. Heavy rain obstructed the city's tallest buildings moments before I snapped this photo (from Winthrop) @StormHour

DqO7mRvVsAAgLPs.jpg:large

I shared that rainbow shot in the photo of the day thread idk why I didnt think to put it here too.

That is how Frankenstein came alive! Give that building its C of O immediately!

I do like that this is a darker shade of glass gives it a certain importance and prominence.

Reaching for the stars!

Look at how the further along the glass progresses the more prominent the high aspect ratio becomes. Once that crane is gone, glass wrapped up, crown finished its true scale in small width plus great height will really shine.

Last edited:
is that the spire?

Yup, over the last weekend they broke the Prudential's antenna in the middle and moved the top half of it over on top of 1 Dalton. Then a specialized crew rigged up an elaborate guy wire plan where 1 Dalton's new spire is actually secured to the roof of the Pru. It's really a pretty novel and impressive feat of engineering when you think about it.

True story.

ha! ^^^ laughed and dribbled/spit some coffee out reading that one. nicely done.

it is odd to me that none of the renders show this "spire." is it to be a broadcast antennae? an actual architectural spire (which, for height fetishists, would technically increase the final height)?

If it was architectural it would have been in the renders. Its an antenna/lightning rod.

There were renderings that did show a spire but I can't seen to find and every render I see now is spire less. I don't know how tall this spire will be but I noticed from very far away S/N 93/ 95 this and the Pru look like a twin tower and an antenna will make it look more so even if up close they look nothing alike.

There were renderings that did show a spire but I can't seen to find and every render I see now is spire less. I don't know how tall this spire will be but I noticed from very far away S/N 93/ 95 this and the Pru look like a twin tower and an antenna will make it look more so even if up close they look nothing alike.

I've been following this project since it was first proposed and I've never seen any spire or antenna. Most likely what you saw was a rendering that was photoshopped with a spire from one of the forum members.

Nobody was even aware there was any antenna or spire until DZH pulled up the FAA report. Most likely, the antenna would look exactly as the same as the one that was put up on the Millennium Tower which I like to add, was never included in any MT renderings.

ryan_Milllenniumtower2_arts.jpg

So y'all calm yourself.

I've been following this project since it was first proposed and I've never seen any spire or antenna. Most likely what you saw was a rendering that was photoshopped with a spire from one of the forum members.

Nobody was even aware there was any antenna or spire until DZH pulled up the FAA report. Most likely, the antenna would look exactly as the same as the one that was put up on the Millennium Tower which I like to add, was never included in any MT renderings.

That's actually just a small lightning rod and not technically an antenna. I think it's going to be more substantial, somewhere between the ones on top of the Hancock and the one on top of the Pru.

sure appears to be looking down at the prudential from that vantagepoint.

I feel like you should be able to see the horizon behind the Prudential Tower if it is clearly taller. Looks like it's basically the same height as the bottom of the antennae if not slightly shorter (due to the fact that the picture is taken from a person while assuming that he is 6ft tall).

Back