Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

By the way ...THAT is how spandrel glass is done right. High quality, perfect color choice.

cca

This building keeps impressing at every phase of construction. A class in not cheaping out on design, construction materials or cutting height, etc.

However, for you height fetishists and "Oh, if this was NYC..." - 1 Dalton would be the 27th tallest building in NYC under construction.

This building keeps impressing at every phase of construction. A class in not cheaping out on design, construction materials or cutting height, etc.

However, for you height fetishists and "Oh, if this was NYC..." - 1 Dalton would be the 27th tallest building in NYC under construction.

27th in NYC is not that bad I guess. 748' is pretty tall. The problem with Boston is that that is basically the tallest building in the city (790 for the Hancock). Boston really does need a 1000 footer somewhere to really stamp its authority but the logistics of Logan plus all the archaic shadow laws probably preclude that.

Count me firmly in the height fetishist camp.

Just checked...i think its only 17 UC buildings in NYC taller than 1 Dalton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_New_York_City#Under_construction

Regardless of how tall it is, any city would be lucky to get 1 Dalton.

Love the building, but I do wish the design of the upper portion came down to the base.

1 Dalton certainly is a nice tower. So is Millenium Tower downtown. Hopefully 115 Winthrop, TD Garden Tower also continue the trend.

Bulfinch Crossing has really sweet looking renders.

Is there anything else 500+ planned for the Back Bay in the next 2-3 years?

544' down from 627' (83' of rooftip height lost after Nimby/Bostonification).

Curbed says 488' (scaled down from 566), though the article is from 3/18.

488' doesn't include the mech crown. It's like Millennium Tower claiming to be 625' all the way up to the moment it was really 685'. 1 Dalton is 699', except then it's really ~748'-749'. You need to do more research for the true heights. It helps to find a diagram. Then for 1000 Boylston you'd see the 488' is drawn below the crown.

Back