Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Re: Christian Science Church Center Renovation/ New Towers

Such a beautiful tower shape. Love the bowed edges.

Love the soft/rounded trangle footprint. Another flat roof is only a minor disappointment since at least this one is next to a variety of roof shapes. I'm sure things will change before it is done...

Oh wow...what a fantastic looking tower. Can't wait to see more.

Anyone notice in the second picture the model has the old 1970s-era Copley design?

Love the soft/rounded trangle footprint. Another flat roof is only a minor disappointment since at least this one is next to a variety of roof shapes. I'm sure things will change before it is done...

So you're saying it needs a Menino Hat™?

*slow clap*

This looks like what a taller/nicer 120 Kingston could have been.

It's not actually flat, I think. It has a screen wall up to the height of the low mechanical penthouse so that you can't see it from below or side views. Much classier than the alternative (lookin' at ya, Congress St. Garage project)

^If only that wall could be sloped a bit to provide a different profile.

Man, that looks great! I'm really excited to see all the assorted projects get going. It would be great if the rinky-dink projects of the last two years were just precursors for the big-boys.

^If only that wall could be sloped a bit to provide a different profile.

Indeed. I think this looks plenty good, but they could have flared it out just a smidge to give a subtle flower effect.

I love it. The triangular shape echoes the Mother Church- they're even oriented the same way. Hopefully it has some form of architectural lighting (something I think the city sorely needs more off.)

I'll update my massing model in the Future Skyline thread soon!

Fill in the blanks, if you will.

9126598141_2afa7b8970_b.jpg

9128808674_a78bc0bc7e_b.jpg

I love how there is nothing modern in that first pic. It might as well be a vintage photo from 1970.

I love how there is nothing modern in that first pic. It might as well be a vintage photo from 1970.

And I love how everything in that pic is still called "modern" architecture... :)

Yeah, all it needs is Mary Tyler Moore jumping around in an orange mini dress.

I should have said nothing contemporary. My arch. history II professor wouldn't be happy with me right now. >.>

Yes, Bad Boy!! ;-)

The second picture is a cacophony of styles from the church on the left all the way over to the all-glass 111 Huntington.

The second picture is a cacophony of styles from the church on the left all the way over to the all-glass 111 Huntington.

One of the reasons I love that space so much.
I'm excited and hopeful that the new developments will add to that diversity.

Back