Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I expect those (copley) to be expensive apts, and who wants to pay that much for an apt when you could just buy a condo? i like the idea of more apts going up in this city, but for the average joe like you and me.

Will this be steel, then? I'm surprised. I would have expected concrete for such a high-end development.

Still, exciting news!

I would imagine it's steel wrapped around a reinforced concrete core. And considering how small the footprint is of the development site, maybe using steel over concrete will allow them that much additional square footage per floor plate... but that's just me speculating.

Steel being ordered.

Given that you seem to know things, do you know of any time-tables for this project? I walked by here the other day and it's still a dinky little park, trees intact. Since this tower is a go, what's the hold-up on digging up this park?

Sorry. I only know what I know, not what I seem to know.

I would imagine it's steel wrapped around a reinforced concrete core. And considering how small the footprint is of the development site, maybe using steel over concrete will allow them that much additional square footage per floor plate... but that's just me speculating.

That's quite reasonable. My concerns are more in terms of sound insulation. I'm sure the 1% would be pretty miffed to hear their neighbors through the walls/floors/etc. of their ultra-luxury unit.

Are there any other facts about this project that you do know, that would be of interest to the board and that you are at liberty to share?

Also, welcome back.

Heh. Was about to say welcome back as well. Thought the old dog had been missing for a while.

Steel framing is still going to have a couple inches of concrete at each floor. I know concrete is better as the sound proofing, but spray on insulation on the steel and underside of deck plus concrete on top will keep things pretty quiet.

Well, since you know that steel was ordered, do you know when it's expected to be delivered? That would at least give a clue on the time-table.

Speaking of the steel being ordered, will it all come from a producer in Massachusetts? I've always wondered where the actual materials for these towers come from and how they're able to get it to the site on time and in the order the crews need it in.

The steel order is a good sign. That means they've done an early release steel package, meaning the building is overall around 60% designed.

Pretty certain that both 1 and 30 Dalton are CIP buildings and not steel beams and columns

Sorry. Been distracted. Three w 27's per floor with multiple fasteners.

Crappy cell phone pic but there is a drill back on site

So which project will be completed first, this one or the one at Copley Place?

Back