Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

^^^On those links you seem to be either confusing projects or confusing cranes and antenna measurements for the structure measurements. Your 111 Huntington link is the antenna of 1 Financial. The Millennium Tower height is the temporary crane height. You need to read what the actual structures are.

Also, many of your links don't correspond to the right projects at all, like the 1 Lincoln link or Millennium Place Tower 1. It looks like you posted the same 920' link 3 different times.

^^^On those links you seem to be either confusing projects or confusing cranes and antenna measurements for the structure measurements. Your 111 Huntington link is the antenna of 1 Financial. The Millennium Tower height is the temporary crane height. You need to read what the actual structures are.

Also, many of your links don't correspond to the right projects at all, like the 1 Lincoln link or Millennium Place Tower 1. It looks like you posted the same 920' link 3 different times.

crane height! ok, that clears up a lot -- thanks.

755' would be fantastic

Walked by here last night at 530, pitch black and they had 4-5 concrete trucks on site, gates open, cops on duty.... It's the most action at that time of day I've seen on the site. Maybe this is now fully underway now that 30 dalton is topped off?

Whats this?????

rFWHqaO.jpg

According to the 1daltonconstruction.com website the tower will begin to go up in February

According to the 1daltonconstruction.com website the tower will begin to go up in February

I highly believe that they mean the hole in the ground will bottom out in February and that's when they start filling it.

To the general forum: There IS going to be a hole in the ground, right? Can projects this substantial be built without digging a big hole first? Same question applies to The Pierce. They are hammering steel into the ground but there hasn't been any digging on either of these projects.

I highly believe that they mean the hole in the ground will bottom out in February and that's when they start filling it.

To the general forum: There IS going to be a hole in the ground, right? Can projects this substantial be built without digging a big hole first? Same question applies to The Pierce. They are hammering steel into the ground but there hasn't been any digging on either of these projects.

My understanding is that this will have a hole in the ground but The Pierce will not.

EDIT: From the 1 Dalton Construction Management Plan:

ifDqhdg.jpg

So they should've started digging in October so they'd be down 42 feet by February. Looks like they're already behind schedule.

Last edited:
I checked the website and the building is actually starting excavation for the basement in February and its estimated it will go vertical 5 months later. It also sounds like this will be another cast in place concrete building.

Link to schedule document: http://media.wix.com/ugd/9b0f90_468f2bd787a644e6be3b10694859e7b7.pdf

That document is really weird. But I think the dates listed for the last 4 phases don't make sense unless they're end dates: "8 months" of vertical construction between February and October 2016, when they start with the exterior; 18 months between October 2016 and April 2018, when the interior is finished and the building is ready, and so on. If those are start dates, the building won't be ready until about 2020.

From Bisnow today in a piece about the project and Richard Friedman of Carpenter and Co., developer of the project:

At One Dalton, work is underway on the building foundations, tricky because it’s a relatively small site for a tower, says project manager Joe Norris. The concrete structure should be coming out of the ground in Q2 2016 and then construction will “fly” Richard tells us. Meanwhile, in coming weeks, Carpenter & Co will open a presentation gallery for One Dalton in the existing Four Seasons hotel on Boylston Street across from the Public Garden.

Nice, so sometime between April-June this will start going vertical!

Back