Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Re: Christian Science Church Center Renovation/ New Towers

Very exciting!

I'm sorry to disappoint everybody, but I designated this project as my favorite.
This happened against my will.

Previous projects designated as my favorite are:

1. Millennium Tower (original, over the pike)
2. South Station Tower
3. Columbus Center

I'm very excited this got approved! Are there any more potential roadblocks to this development? When is construction supposed to start?

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second tower to be approved this year with a significant height increase.

^How much of an increase? Like up to 400 ft? That would be great!! I hope it'll be a stumpy box!!

Outstanding. Looking forward to watching this rise. Construction starting early next year it says. I want to be excited, but I will temper it until I see steel rising.

Not a fan of high rise apartment towers, but I guess deracinated transnational cosmopolitans need a place to live too.

no one opposed?!?!? damn they should asked for 200' more

no one opposed?!?!? damn they should asked for 200' more

Hah. I mean, how could there possibly have been no one opposed? People came from half a mile away to protest Congress Street Garage redev. Where are the NIMBYs on this? How did CSC get away with a unanimously favorable comments session? The biggest question is: how can we replicate it?!

Last edited:

Hah. I mean, how could there possible have been no one opposed? People came from half a mile away to protest Congress Street Garage redev. Where are the NIMBYs on this? How did CSC get away with a unanimously favorable comments session? The biggest question is: how can we replicate it?!

They didn't want to displease God.

/sarcasm

Not a fan of high rise apartment towers, but I guess deracinated transnational cosmopolitans need a place to live too.

And, thank you for my word of the day.

Globe Cover story today had the rendrering and a caption along the lines of 'Boston skyline changing.'

Speaking of the Globe, a nice infographic from them today, though several prominent developments are missing:

towers1200.jpg

Wow. I didn't realize it, but this tower actually steals Millennium Tower's height thunder...

wait a second...a bunch of you guys said this building will be taller than 700 ft after they add the mechanical floors.

IIRC, 691' is given as the top occupiable floor. Mechanical screens and similar elements could well push this tower past 700'. However, given that we have yet to see really any renderings besides the base, and thereby a lack of exact figures in regards to the top, we are only presuming, though the extra height seems likely.

Edit: I would also like to point out that the rendering included in the infographic above is certainly not from this project, if that's what you were looking at.

Wow. I didn't realize it, but this tower actually steals Millennium Tower's height thunder...

Nah, totally different areas of the city. Plus, Millennium Tower is going to have the jump on it, and will be the tallest building downtown while CSC is right next to the Pru.

It's more like, 2 separate cracks of thunder, with the second a bit louder but both of them spectacular.

Back