Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

I don't think there is room for am outdoor patio at the Four Seasons. Given the postage-stamp site, would be economically ridiculous if there were.

The postage stamp floor plate probably also makes it totally rational to put the bar/restaurant on the second or even third floor.

Here is a picture of the site. On the tall tower footprint (not visible here) there is no fencing but quite a bit of landscaping equipment at the ready.

7uJYr3R.jpg

Is the taller tower being built first? Is there a(n outside) chance that they will boost the height of the shorter tower after finishing the tall one?

Are those town homes private or owned by the Church? If they're private, I'd imagine we see the value of those things skyrocket.

Are those town homes private or owned by the Church? If they're private, I'd imagine we see the value of those things skyrocket.

The row houses there are mostly owned by the Church -- they are nice rentals -- St. Germain Street. (There are a couple that the Church does not own).

The row houses there are mostly owned by the Church -- they are nice rentals -- St. Germain Street. (There are a couple that the Church does not own).

Ah ok, thanks.

I'd think the opposite. I wouldn't want to live below a colossus.

Rich like to live near rich. I think a Four Seasons, which has already talked about how expensive its apartments will be, will attract more people to that side of the Pru. Every other side of the Pru is surrounded by it, so why not this? I suppose the only detracting factor would be the students nearby.

^And a lot of residential real estate pricing is just a dumb algorithm driven by neighborhood comparables....this puts a lot of new high-end input into that alogorithm

^And a lot of residential real estate pricing is just a dumb algorithm driven by neighborhood comparables....this puts a lot of new high-end input into that alogorithm

That only determines asking/listing prices. It's up to the buyers whether or not those values are actually paid.

No, those are owned by the Abbey group. The church owns the ones on Clearway.

No, those are owned by the Abbey group. The church owns the ones on Clearway.

I thought Abbey St. Germain LLC was largely owned by the Church? Perhaps I was misinformed (Their management company people are the ones who said it).

Any renderings of this?

Also check out this post:

Well it's definitely time to break this off into its own thread. I mean gosh, a 700 footer? Let's start at the beginning...

THE OWNER: Christian Science Church
THE DEVELOPER: Carpenter & Co.
THE TENANT: Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
THE ARCHITECTS: Cambridge Seven Associates and Henry N. Cobb

THE PLAN:

etpe.jpg

hivv.jpg

rwe6.jpg

A couple of Downburst's SketchUp models:

76ic.jpg

85gi.jpg

Renderings from the July 2013 project notification form:

uou1.jpg

gi2h.jpg

vmk5.jpg

8vsn.jpg

kbgpv.jpg

FINALLY, the latest renderings now that Four Seasons has jumped onboard:

4k4m.jpg

03ba3.jpg

7cs1.jpg

na1y.jpg

7j4ta.jpg

7t81.jpg

Someone's opinion on this building. This actually makes me really mad, anyone get mad reading this? lol
1920473_803489906361561_28170092381758721_n.jpg

Wasn't the original plan to build the 700 footer first? Anyone know what the prospective timing on this is now?

Someone's opinion on this building. This actually makes me really mad, anyone get mad reading this? lol
1920473_803489906361561_28170092381758721_n.jpg

Yes and it's the reason that I hate the use of "floors" as measurement. The amount of "floors" means jack. It will still be shorter than the Pru despite having more "floors."

Also: "overshadow the church" oye... the sun doesn't cast shadows south!!!!!!

Last edited:

Exactly the reason the sooner they get that hole in the ground the better. I refuse to believe that tower is happening until I see 20 feet of earth dug out.

Back