Four Seasons Tower @ CSC | 1 Dalton Street | Back Bay

Copley Tower would be nice to balance the skyline a bit more, though.

I've thought about that too, but the Back Bay Station and Trinity Place developments should do enough of a job there.

It is fun to watch this go up I agree. Its getting very obvious from lots of different spots. I was over at huntington and mass ave and boom it was right in your face, pretty cool.

I had that same experience yesterday over on Dartmouth and Warren. You hit the intersection, and boom, there it is, sticking up above a row of brownstones.

It is funny, as I look at these photos I think of how critical that Copley tower would have been to the so called High Spine. Wish that one had not gotten scrapped. Would have made a great addition to the skyline.

It is funny, as I look at these photos I think of how critical that Copley tower would have been to the so called High Spine. Wish that one had not gotten scrapped. Would have made a great addition to the skyline.

Shame. Of all the great projects Boston has gotten during this boom, that was the best one imo. They ought to bring it back as mixed use (office, hotel) if residential wont work.

'Shadow Law grandfathered' tower worth hundreds of millions,

and add to the tax portfolio for decades to come....

the problem is close to solvable, but for the ineffectual developer.

F2xjG4yh.jpg

holy crap it's flying up!!

I work across the Charles in the MIT area, so it just pokes out over the Sheraton. It noticeably stalled after it broke the Sheraton roofline, but in the last month it's really moving. I'm definitely on board with the floor per week quote they said near the beginning.

Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoy your long shots from the hilltops surrounding Boston.

Thanks you are clearly the King of updates around here. I just go way overboard on the buildings I care about. So far it's mainly been this and MT. I wouldn't even know about many of the smaller projects without your updates. You're quietly the MVP of this site.

UpCoKWw.jpg

Popping up over the Sheraton from a 5th floor window in the MIT area (dome is in the foreground right). Taken 2/12/2018.

Last edited:
folks towards the south are going to have such a superior view of this beauty. being on the other side of the river, 1 dalton is just underscoring what an eyesore the sheraton "towers" are. i'm going to be robbed of 1/3 of this building because of those ugly blocks!

Back