Future Skyline

Busy busy. Added Fenway Center, EF Building, The Point @ Boylston, SST, GrandMarc @ NU, Burstein/Rubenstein Redevelopment, Atlantic Wharf, and Jacob Wirth's.

I also (roughly) color-coded everything: grey structures are already built, greens are "likely" to be built, and yellows are "unlikely" to be built. I assigned these rather arbitrarily based on what I know of the projects, so feel free to correct me...

Prudential Cluster:

From Seaport:

Fenway Towers:

A higher perspective:

Blending into Cambridge:

Cambridge could really use some 350-400' towers, in my opinion.

Kendall Square design guidelines allow up to 300 feet for residential. You won't see discussion of anything higher any time soon (probably not for a generation or 2...).

Of all those towers I think the North Station area, Congress St. Garage, and Christian Science do the most to alter and enhance the skyline. Filene's will be prominent, but won't change the shape of the city.

@downburst- great job on all of these. What is the building on Huntington/Parker St. at NU?

Bos77, that's a redevelopment of the Burstein/Rubenstein residence halls under Northeastern's new IMP. There's a number of new developments proposed under it, but that one would by far be the most prominent.

Awesome Downburst. Love the view you call "a higher perspective" from out in Boston Harbor ... shows how the Congress St and Garden towers expand the skyline.

Excellent work, especially incorporating the Fenway and NU projects. But, how dare you tug at our heart strings by adding SST? :)

PS - Go Huskies.

Downbust your work is very much appreciated, you have single handedly made the quality of this forum expand ten fold with your renders. We now dont have to wait forever to get new renders from the developers, and we get perspectives that would otherwise never have been shown. Also seeing how all of the developments tie in to one another and expand the skyline is a good insight to be able to have.

can you do a view from the straightaway on the pike before you go into the tunnel under the prudential center I would like to see how these towers change the dynamic of that view, thank you.

Oh, goodness, I'm just curious to see what the skyline could look like- I'm happy to share this with all of you. And there are (many) contributers here who do more for this site's quality than I.

Here you go:

Cool! Then there's a low-rise, air-rights projects striding the Pike at the Boylston-MassAve-Newbury block which will do wonders for the intersection. Though more from a street level POV than a MassPike POV.

Seeing your most recent and the earlier ones that I hadn't seen before just made me laugh outloud. It makes Boston look like a scary new world I wouldn't recognize - of course some of that is due to the new buildings being green and yellow.

The rendering doesn't include the 20-storey building across from the MFA does it?

True- I really hope those Pike projects get the ball rolling, because I'd love to see that intersection become less of an overpass. I'm a little concerned they haven't been in the news lately, what with every other project and its mother getting developed.

As for the colors, that's just to arbitrarily point out which buildings I find "likely" or "unlikely" to be built. I'm probably going to switch the colors again at some point to differentiate between proposed/approved/UC, but it's a little tedious to do so.

Yes, this does include NU's planned development across from the MFA, though I need to get Wentworth's in there too at some point. I haven't worked on new models in a while.

other than that view comin in on the pike i think for the most part the skyline really keeps the same feel.

Excellent work, once again. I like how that building on MA Ave & Boylston almost shields the Pru from the Pike view, only to come out from hiding as you drive closer.

Busy busy. Added Fenway Center, EF Building, The Point @ Boylston, SST, GrandMarc @ NU, Burstein/Rubenstein Redevelopment, Atlantic Wharf, and Jacob Wirth's.

I also (roughly) color-coded everything: grey structures are already built, greens are "likely" to be built, and yellows are "unlikely" to be built. I assigned these rather arbitrarily based on what I know of the projects, so feel free to correct me...

Prudential Cluster:

From Seaport:

Fenway Towers:

A higher perspective:

Blending into Cambridge:

Cambridge could really use some 350-400' towers, in my opinion.

Loving the development, I hope they don't kill everything like they did the other time. As for the Congress street building, I love and miss the FOSTER + PARTNERS rendering, at least it was something different for the city and it can blend in the skyline of Boston.

I don't use Google Earth enough to know if this is viable, but I think it would great to share a non-editable version of this in the Google Earth Gallery, let folks play around with it and check out different angles. Awesome resource for the community.

Been watching this thread for awhile now and have been really enjoying all the work you guys have been putting into it! I've messed around myself and wanted to throw out some fantasy "If I were a billionaire" ideas I've had!
EgJcCpC.jpg

xl6FpdH.jpg

1MZS18v.jpg

I'm sure most people aren't going to notice this because of the centerpiece, but I like the way you snuck in a roided up version of Louisville's tallest tower into the first pic.

Back