Gables Seaport (née Waterside Place 1B) | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Re: Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Here are some renderings I don't think have been posted here before:

Waterside+Place+II.jpg

Waterside+Place+II.1.jpg

Waterside+Place+II.2.jpg

WPII_Congress-Street-at-Silver-Line-Entrance.jpg

WPII_Congress-Street-and-Seaport-Lane.jpg

Is it false advertising if they do not also render the amenities deck the other nine months of the year?

Re: Waterside Place 1B | 505 Congress Street | Seaport

Is it false advertising if they do not also render the amenities deck the other nine months of the year?

I think there's a lot of false advertising going on in there...

Need to run those fantastic renders in the Globe so the anti-Seaport-as-dense/tall folks can moan about if only it had been built squat, Mission Hill style; somehow, it would be so much more affordable and inclusive for the masses to enjoy.

Yeah; nil supply/ like Beacon Hill is just the style to emulate.

Their favored style short of walled off Malibu?

or am i being disingenuous--since these all come (basically) w/ walled-off NOBU's up top?

Looks great, I like that stair case. Were getting roof decks everywhere which when they can be used are a huge positive and nothing is lost to add them, all upside. The black and orange facade is really cool too I like to see them not doing the usual blue glass everywhere or the grey/white panels like next door, nema, proto, pier 4 etc.. We have pier 4, M parcel, 1B, and Nema all going up at the same time all within a very short distance of eachother, all at once another huge piece is going to sprout up and fill in. Great addition.

I like the street level. The black metal is part 10 Farnsworth and part Midtown Manhattan.
Will that cladding be some type of metal?....Unless they cheap out on materials. Drink!

Waterside+Place+II.2.jpg

Lol.

As far as I can tell this deck has a northern exposure. The shadows are going the wrong way. In fact, that pool and all those sleek lounge chairs are going to be in the shadows almost all the time.

Waterside+Place+II.2.jpg

Lol.

As far as I can tell this deck has a northern exposure. The shadows are going the wrong way. In fact, that pool and all those sleek lounge chairs are going to be in the shadows almost all the time.

Its correct. The east is diagonally down and to the right in that pic, towards east boston. The front of the tower where the podium is faces toward Eastie. That bump out above is on the north side toward downtown, you can see Atlantic Wharf at the bottom right corner of the tower through the trellis if you zoom in. The sun will come up in front of the tower podium over the harbor and set behind the tower to the left of this pic.

I just can't unsee these renderings...Gotta love the indifferent lady scowling over the table tennis match and the bro-dude in jorts doing a crossword with his toddler.

From a design and functionality standpoint, can someone explain the toboggan-run of stairs in the forth image? I'll take the over on slip-and-fall lawsuits...

Its correct. The east is diagonally down and to the right in that pic, towards east boston. The front of the tower where the podium is faces toward Eastie. That bump out above is on the north side toward downtown, you can see Atlantic Wharf at the bottom right corner of the tower through the trellis if you zoom in. The sun will come up in front of the tower podium over the harbor and set behind the tower to the left of this pic.

I'm sticking with my shenanigans call.

Those shadows are rendered as being more or less perpendicular to congress st. That means they're more north than east.

The most charitable scenario I'll concede too is that they rendered this at 20 minutes after sunrise on the summer solstice (note the shadows are really long) and didn't include the very large shadows from any of the neighboring buildings to the east that would completely engulf this scene.

Looks great, I like that stair case. Were getting roof decks everywhere which when they can be used are a huge positive and nothing is lost to add them, all upside. The black and orange facade is really cool too I like to see them not doing the usual blue glass everywhere or the grey/white panels like next door, nema, proto, pier 4 etc.. We have pier 4, M parcel, 1B, and Nema all going up at the same time all within a very short distance of eachother, all at once another huge piece is going to sprout up and fill in. Great addition.

Agreed on the staircase, big fan of these, but would have loved to see the building embrace them, vs the blank wall treatment.

my major problem with the whole street level of this building is it appears to have three separate garage entrances. One would think they could have built spurs off of the Seaport Transportation center entrance, vs adding the additional two garage entrances.

I just can't unsee these renderings...Gotta love the indifferent lady scowling over the table tennis match and the bro-dude in jorts doing a crossword with his toddler.

From a design and functionality standpoint, can someone explain the toboggan-run of stairs in the forth image? I'll take the over on slip-and-fall lawsuits...

World Trade Center Ave is elevated and runs next to the building, it gives access to Congress street from WTC ave.

World Trade Center Ave is elevated and runs next to the building, it gives access to Congress street from WTC ave.

I totally understand that.

It only snows in Boston once in a great while, let's pretend we're in Brazil!

my major problem with the whole street level of this building is it appears to have three separate garage entrances. One would think they could have built spurs off of the Seaport Transportation center entrance, vs adding the additional two garage entrances.

Hopefully this explains it better:

You can see to the right of the garage entrance below it says private residence entrance also. This is explained in the first picture above. The entrances and exits for residents are on either side of the ramp which lead up to Waterside 1A’s 2nd floor garage which will also have a passthrough to the garage on the 2nd floor of 1B. Then you can see the loading bay garage doors at either end of the base also.

WPII_Congress-Street-and-Seaport-Lane.jpg

WPII_Congress-Street-at-Silver-Line-Entrance.jpg

Back