General MBTA Topics (Multi Modal, Budget, MassDOT)

Re: Driven By Customer 'Service' Parte Dos

That is one of the most perfect websites I've ever seen.

It is elegant in its simplicity.

Anyone know why the Government Center LED signs have been frozen with "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE, ANY" for a week now?

Anyone know why the Government Center LED signs have been frozen with "MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE, ANY" for a week now?

They ran out of generic excuses for delays so they are waiting for the monkeys in the back room to type out new ones.

So, the Big Dig came out to what was it, $25 billion or something right?

How much would it cost to quadruple track all lines within 2 miles of the core, extend every line to 128, and build a heavy rail urban ring or two? For $22 billion I feel like we could put everyone inside of 128 on a train.

(Assuming things go on budget and schedule).

Brilliant website. Particularly the bit about the Green Line.

Oh... and speaking of which...

No injuries in Green Line trolley derailment in Boston

By Globe Staff

A Green Line trolley derailed this morning at Huntington and South Huntington Avenue in the Mission Hill neighborhood, but no one was injured, officials said.

The trolley derailed at about 9:30 a.m., the Boston Fire Department said in a tweet. The intersection is a place where the tracks make a sharp turn.

Joseph Pesaturo, a spokesman for the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, said in an e-mail that "a trolley wheel slipped off the rail.''

He said it was an "inbound two-car E Line train.'' He said there were 24 passengers on the trolley cars at the time of the derailment.

Boston Metro - April 13, 2011
Citizens Connect: Commuters as extra eyes for T

BOSTON
JUSTIN A. RICE
Published: April 12, 2011 9:20 p.m.
Last modified: April 13, 2011 9:27 a.m.

For all the flack the MBTA took over winter service, GM Rich Davey is now building on his strong customer service reputation with more user-friendly apps.

The T will soon launch a service similar to Boston?s award winning Citizens Connect app, which allows residents to submit smart-phone photos of small problems such as burnt out light bulbs or graffiti so they can be fixed faster.

Commuter Connect will be available in the coming weeks.

?I told the mayor I have no problem stealing good ideas from the City of Boston,? Davey said, adding a picture is worth 1,000 words.

?Someone told me we use 100 different light bulbs on the system,? he said. ?So if someone tweets us that a light bulb is out it doesn?t mean anything if you don?t have the right light bulb.

?With this we can get the right crew out with the right part.?

While the city spent $25,000 up front on Citizen Connect, the T?s version will be made by third-party app developers who also created real-time bus and train info apps at no cost to the T.
Commuter Connect could be incorporated into existing real-time apps. The program also fits into Davey?s initiative to respond to 95 percent of customer complaints within five days.

?We have heard too frequently that when people call they don?t hear anything back,? he said. ?Or they are not acknowledged that they?ve been heard.?

For the record, I "Wrote to the Top" about a Green Line issue and they implemented my idea within weeks. I was frustrated with the frequent expressing of outbound C trains from Coolidge Corner to Cleveland Circle - it severely congested the platform and disrupted service for too many. I suggested that these express trains make one intermediate stop at Washington Square, figuring that many riders would prefer to stay on the express train and walk an extra 5-10 minutes from WSQ than shove onto the Coolidge Corner platform and then onto another train. Alas, this is what they seem to be doing now.

I was in an Orange Line car this afternoon that had a new floor. It actually looked pretty nice (compared to the grimy original floors). I hadn't seen a new floor on any of the cars until today. At least they're trying to keep them in acceptable condition while we wait for the new stock.

I was in an Orange Line car this afternoon that had a new floor. It actually looked pretty nice (compared to the grimy original floors). I hadn't seen a new floor on any of the cars until today. At least they're trying to keep them in acceptable condition while we wait for the new stock.

What's the #? I keep forgetting the car #, but there's a car or pair that has "new" floors. I know it has been like that for at least a year, and from what I heard it is about 5 years old.

What's the #? I keep forgetting the car #, but there's a car or pair that has "new" floors. I know it has been like that for at least a year, and from what I heard it is about 5 years old.

Bleh, I have no idea. It was rush hour. The car # was the least of my concern. The floor actually lightened up the incredibly dark interiors of OL cars.

It was rush hour.

That's the only time I've ever seen it. Must be in one of the sets that gets couped up all day somewhere and only comes out when all sets are in use.

I merely meant the light rail + bus combo. I'd take either station, so long as it had that.

Well yes, I of course got the point of the LRV. It would be awesome if that had happened here.

Should happen on the B line and E line. Submerge the B out to Packards Corner with both light rail and buses diving under at one portal. Just west of Kenmore, the buses could enter/exit with ease.

Bury the E out to Brigham Circle where the same thing will happen with the 39 bus (and any other overlapping routes) surfacing at about Prudential.

The E-line was originally supposed to be buried (with Symphony-style stations) until Brigham Circle. I forgot the guy's name, but he's definitely still doing the "I told you so" dance in his grave.

Adding light rail from south-station to silver-line-way would have been a WONDERFUL use of money. WONDERFUL.

Back