Genzyme Plant Expansion | Allston

today
143-3.jpg
144-1.jpg

That turned out really nice.

Ditto on the bridge, when is someone going to die from out shoddy infrastructure... again?

Both that bridge, which I believe is River St in Camb, and the Western Ave bridge both really need some TLC.

I'm sure they're on the state's list, but Larz Anderson Bridge (JFK-North Harvard Street) seems to be ahead of them.

I'm sure they're on the state's list, but Larz Anderson Bridge (JFK-North Harvard Street) seems to be ahead of them.

EVERY bridge crossing the charles has plans to be redone in the next 5 years.

BU bridge and charles river dam bridge are under construction now.

I think the longfellow and jfk are next

the Mass. Ave bridge doesn't need redoing -- that already happened in the 1990s.

Wow, I just went through this whole thread and the changing of opinions on this building is pretty funny. About a year ago everyone on this thread sounded like they were about to puke...then as the building progressed the tone shifted to "Hey, not too bad" and eventually made it to "I like it!".

I personally think it looks really good. It definitely started out slow though.

You can go through many of the threads and witness the same thing...generally. Check out Atlantic Wharf, Fan Pier, or 45 Province.

But, cannot say that I am impressed with this building. I do like the breakup in the shot looking towards the DoubleTree. But from Cambridge Street, not so much.

45 Province was almost the complete opposite. Everyone loved it until the dreaded Black Wall went up. And while the cool blinky lights and some kind photography may have softened a few peoples opinions on Fan Pier, I believe it is still mostly despised.

Maybe I should clarify that throughout the process from proposal through construction, the general opinion is typically like a roller coaster.

Would be very interested in learning about a recent project where general consensus was "this is going to be great!" the entire process (or the opposite).

Fan Pier is like a reverse Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde. It's a monster during the day but welcome for its lightshow gaiety by night.

Bos02124

Great pics and thanks for always posting such a great variety of pics of buildings from what seems like all corners of Boston! You really have the place covered! Thanks for taking the time to post!!

Back