Goodwin Procter HQ @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave - Parcel I | Seaport

Re: Goodwin Procter HQ (Parcel I) @ Fan Pier | 90 - 110 Northern Ave | Seaport

So I wonder what the purpose of the half elevator door is for on floor 10. Can anyone shed some light on it?

So I wonder what the purpose of the half elevator door is for on floor 10. Can anyone shed some light on it?

That is discussed earlier in this thread, posts 109 - 115.

My guess, is that the extra concrete in that location was needed for reinforcement for the crane supports. Think about the way forces move, if the crane is performing a pick and the weight is acting to pull the crane in towards the building, those supports are going to be pushing outwards. If the extra concrete isn't there, then there probably isn't enough reinforcing to prevent the supports from breaking out.

They'll probably cut the opening to full size once the crane is dismantled.

uzOrvLF.jpg

This is going to just blend into the Seaport. On to the next project.

Just a big cube. It really brings development on Fan Pier much closer to Seaport Blvd though. I'd imagined this as being a smaller project, but it feels like the beginning of everything being drawn together.

15933216660_731ace61b8_b.jpg

16118591581_fa157b609e_b.jpg

15500793403_c243f8d749_b.jpg

15933075418_3173bc4d8a_b.jpg

It's topped off.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/01/16/fan-pier-waterfront-office-tower-topped-off/mz2O7VuVIjh2xxVqt4OJvO/story.html

In that story: "Preparatory work is also being done on a hotel that will be built on the plot of land immediately to the west of 100 Northern Ave."
Did not realize it's going to be a hotel. I thought it was supposed to be a residential building.

Is this "new" prep work or is it the underground work that was supposed to be done in concert with the GP building? My understanding was the lease agreement with GP called for the parking garage/foundation work on the west building to be done in concert with the now topped-out office building.

If this building isn't really moving into the structural construction phase, it may have just been a casual reference by the reporter. My understanding is that this building was a mixed hotel/residential building.

I believe it's this.

^^^^^^^^^^

Damn, I hope this get's built!!

I believe it's this.

I doubt it - according to site plan this is supposed to directly abut Public Green.

Yeah, they might be talking just about underground garage - that garage's footprint is significantly bigger than tower's.
Then again - according to master plan there's supposed to be a street between
Goodwin Procter and this hotel(and yeah apparently it says hotel/residential in master plan)

Where is the public green supposed to be again? According to Google Maps, 100 Northern Ave is right where the above linked rendering would be, no?

The generally accepted theory on the building type001 linked above is that it is Parcel G of Seaport Square. The article about 100 Northern Avenue's (Fan Pier Parcel I) top off success refers-- most likely-- to Fan Pier Parcel H, which will sit between the Fan Pier Public Green and 100 Northern Avenue. The preparatory work was visible in early photos of the site, when the excavation being done seemed much too large to be just for 100 Northern Avenue and it was postulated that the underground facilities would be connected.

I don't know this as a fact, but I think it has been discussed in the past.

Here's a refresher:

new-ffp-master-site-plan.jpg

Oh wait, 100 Northern Ave is the Goodwin Proctor building.

Does anybody know just how much of the foundation work for 1 Harbor Shore Drive was included in the preparation for 100 Northern Avenue? There's been plenty of conversation that clearly the underground garage for 100 Northern extends outside of that building's footprint, but it isn't clear to me if it extends all the way under 1 Harbor Shore or just under the future street that will run up the western side of 100 Northern.

If the foundation for 1 Harbor Shore was built out entirely in the 100 Northern Ave preparation, I'd imagine that 1 Harbor Shore could rise pretty quickly.

Does anybody know just how much of the foundation work for 1 Harbor Shore Drive was included in the preparation for 100 Northern Avenue? There's been plenty of conversation that clearly the underground garage for 100 Northern extends outside of that building's footprint, but it isn't clear to me if it extends all the way under 1 Harbor Shore or just under the future street that will run up the western side of 100 Northern.

If the foundation for 1 Harbor Shore was built out entirely in the 100 Northern Ave preparation, I'd imagine that 1 Harbor Shore could rise pretty quickly.

I think that I recall reading somewhere, some time that several of the buildings sat atop a single large underground parking structure -- I wouldn't be surprised that 100 Northern Ave and 1 Harborshore Dr. shared the garage

Back