Key MBTA Bus Routes

Don't Block the Box was never enforced on Huntington either. Irked me every day that I lived over there.

And until recently they weren't even ticketing for people passing trolleys as people were stepping off. Thank god they stepped that up, though -- it's downright dangerous.

They actually do ticket now? Wow.

Yes, lately it's been a total blitz kreig of ticketing drivers at Mission Park (Fenwood Rd, Riverway, and Back of the Hill be damned?). I even once saw a cop scream at a woman until he was red in the face. There's often been two cops at both inbound and outbound just keeping a tight net.

MBTA hasn't updated their Key Bus Routes site since October, and neither has there been chatter here since then.

Is this because nothing is happening for the winter, or because small changes (the rollout) turns out to be un-interesting?

MBTA hasn't updated their Key Bus Routes site since October, and neither has there been chatter here since then.

Is this because nothing is happening for the winter, or because small changes (the rollout) turns out to be un-interesting?

I think they completed most of the stop relocation or elimination work.

Liverpool St - Central Sq - E Boston was eliminated from the 116 & 117, but a lot of bus drivers keep stopping there to pick people up or let people off! The only stop in Central Sq is now Saratoga St. Not stopping at Liverpool St (Walgreens) definitely helps the trip on the buses I've been on that have properly skipped it.

Btw, the T has excellent maps of the routes/stop consolidation here:
http://www.mbta.com/about_the_mbta/t_projects/default.asp?id=19047

Scroll down to "Maps of Routes"

As a rider of the #77, I've definitely noticed some of the stop removals in Cambridge. I don't think the work is complete, as the outbound Mass Ave / Dover Street stop was supposed to be moved to the far side, and that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
I noticed on the proposed bike network map that the hyde park ave stretch (the 32 Bus) There would be a shared bike/bus lane in the 5 year plan. Is there anything from the MBTA that would indicate that this is happening? It wouldn't help the situation between roslindale square and forest hills, but would be good for service along that stretch.

I think they completed most of the stop relocation or elimination work.

The bulk of the project was ARRA funded so it needed to be completed by last fall (November 1, I think). That work is all done. There is some punchlist work that will happen this spring (some new signs, some concrete work, etc.).

Back