Lansdowne Station (née Yawkey Station) | Kenmore Square

Isn't this going to disappear when John Fish finds a developer for this project? I think the bridge section will be at ground level at least from Beacon St.

I really dont get it. The developer was supposed to build this 100% as it was to be integrated with their buildings and road system.

But this looks like a standalone project, and the bridge over the track says "this will be here a long time"

It was supposed to be like back bay, with exit stairs and the "lobby" being the street level.

1 year ago...

Construction set to begin on MBTA?s Yawkey Station
By Thomas Grillo
Monday, November 15, 2010 - Updated 17 hours ago
+ Recent Articles

Ladies and gentlemen, Kenmore's little brother.

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

Oh, this is ominous. Its not on the mbta.com project list. Even Hynes is on the project list. Hynes!

Yawkey was on their list at one point and they appear to have taken it off. That's really bad news.

Yawkey was on their list at one point and they appear to have taken it off. That's really bad news.

I thought I remembered it being there with diagrams and such.

But now, it's like it never existed.

Johny-grab-our-guns will have sold the development rights, died from old age, or faced bankruptcy liquidation, before anything actually is built on top of the new station. I'd bet a CocaCola on it.

Johny-grab-our-guns will have sold the development rights, died from old age, or faced bankruptcy liquidation, before anything actually is built on top of the new station. I'd bet a CocaCola on it.

Perhaps Theo took the plans for Yawkee with him to the Chicago Cubs?

Is that Alfred Hitchcock's shadow in the last photo?

That rendering is hysterical. Print it out and send it to the ICA

Pyramids. Our public agency tasked with moving people around is only interested in building pyramids.

A) its a ziggurat, not a pyramid.
b) i am kinda digging the Googie roofline they have going on.

What is the difference between picture 2 and 3 besides the fact that the roof turns green in 3??

Pyramids. Our public agency tasked with moving people around is only interested in building pyramids.

They prefer the term "multiple level marketing" now, actually.

That aside, is the new Yawkey Station going to just be Commuter Rail service still, or is there a chance we could maybe see some Green Line service into Yawkey?

Just Worcester Line service. The Green Line is already well served by two nearby stations, and the project would become significantly more complicated if they tried to add such a feature (an unnecessary feature in my opinion).

They prefer the term "multiple level marketing" now, actually.

That aside, is the new Yawkey Station going to just be Commuter Rail service still, or is there a chance we could maybe see some Green Line service into Yawkey?

In all honesty, if you're not in a wheel chair, a walk from Kenmore certainly won't kill you.

Last edited:
I noticed that they have moved a new earth mover onto the site. You can also see a couple of surveyors on the tracks. I hope this signals the re-start of construction.

Yawkey MBTA Station (7/19) Boston

Last couple days there has been a fair amount of activity here. I also heard that the Fenway Center litigation is almost through. Hopefully this gets going full swing then in the fall they start the real digging.

Back