Liberty Mutual Tower | 157 Berkeley Street | Back Bay

Re: Liberty Mutual plans major Boston expansion

Personally, I like the billboard. Liberty Mutual has a focused image of consistency and quality and I feel as if the billboard that says "The Dream Lives" complements the classic, understated building rising behind it.

are they really going to leave that gap in between those two crown panels, hell you could iterally put black tape on the backside and it would fix the light getting through making it not noticeable.

Agreed- there were similar problems on the crown (and the vents) on the back of the building at one point; and those were fixed. It looks sloppy on an otherwise well-clad development.

Personally, I like the billboard. Liberty Mutual has a focused image of consistency and quality and I feel as if the billboard that says "The Dream Lives" complements the classic, understated building rising behind it.

LOL It resembles a democratic picture of Deval Patrick after swindling the taxpayers 50 Million to help enrich his friends build on prime real estate that should never get tax breaks. "Priceless"

The Dream Lives
Now I have to raise taxes on the working class of Mass.

Overall I like the building. Not the greatest in the skyline but definteley acceptable for the backbay. Typical insurance building for the city.

Last edited:

they should have made the bottom of the skybridge clear glass... would become a tourist destination for the upward views!

today
061_zpsccf170c5.jpg
060_zps24a82cd6.jpg
057_zps70cde9b3.jpg
056_zpsb2919a9c.jpg
055_zpsd8d3b774.jpg
052_zpsa8d3a241.jpg

From today:

Berkeley Street:

I like this from the Public Garden.

Ooh, cool perspective from the Public Garden! ^

Already looks like it's been here forever.

She's a beauty! Any night lighting as of yet?

Blegh; ruins the view of the Arlington St. Church steeple.

She's a beauty! Any night lighting as of yet?

None so far, I am hoping the blank panels on the crown will have some sort of LCD display, but who knows.

Great juxtaposition in that first shot.

I do have to admit that this looks quality compared to that cartoonish yellow St. James building.

BUZZCUT. The skyline is a joke.

It really does appear to have been built years ago it has almost an art deco look to some of the details.

Back