Liberty Mutual Tower | 157 Berkeley Street | Back Bay

Re: Liberty Mutual plans major Boston expansion

nice^ hopefully it will be lit up at nite, the building to the right 222 Berkly st use to have it's crown lit today from Chelsea
121.jpg
126.jpg

Some new updates. You can see the MassArt Tower to the left in the first picture

IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5260.jpg

IMG_5262.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

DZH22, i really like that first shot

DZH22, i really like that first shot

Thanks! Here's a few from yesterday showing it in the skyline from the South.

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

^ Off topic, but here it goes: No other northeastern US city center (that I can think of anyway) has this level of proximity to beach. Yes, I realize we're really talking only about four months, but... with the harbor essentially cleaned, I feel like the Southie beaches could be so much more than they are (and not in a tacky Revere Beach way). A lot of good could be done by simply starting with better awareness-raising, signposting and wayfinding, for example marking the beaches on T maps, etc.

Longer term would be a commercial rezoning of Day Blvd/Columbia Road.

(Really long term - better rail transit accessibility.)

Revere beach is much nicer...it's a true ocean beach with nice sand. The southie beaches are mucky harbor beaches. I'd love to see southie have a true boardwalk fronting retail spaces...restaurants, bars etc.

thats it huh? well hopefully the crown will take it higher!

Look at the rendering. Looks like the whole top 'floor' is a 'dummy' floor (pumps, etc) which is a bit taller than the other floors. Perhaps the height of 2 or 3 combined. Plus the crown probably rises up a little to conceal HVAC and such.

No need for elevator shafts at that height, really.

download

Don't know if anyone has posted a pic from this area, but it is in front of Suffolk.

(Sorry, taken with my phone.)

cell phone pix from the Pru
IMAGE_004.jpg
042-2.jpg
043-2.jpg
040-2.jpg
039-2.jpg
033-2.jpg
031-2.jpg
029-2.jpg
024-2.jpg

today some skin!
IMAGE_005.jpg

It does look great.......Everytime I walk in that area thou I don't feel like I'm in the city. It just seems that the area is so dead.

Liberty Mutual Project is coming out nice.....I'm still against the tax breaks but overall I like it.

Back