Liberty Mutual Tower | 157 Berkeley Street | Back Bay

Re: Liberty Mutual Expansion

Looks fine to me. We could use a little color.

Looks fine to me. We could use a little color.

I don't mind it lit either. It would definitely look better if one of the facades it links was LED-lit hyper-modern spider glass as well.

Couldn't agree more. Lighting in the city yawnnnn. I'm not saying go Miami but jeesh give us something.

Best angle EVAR.

9361585644_d182defc2c_b.jpg

^^ For a second I thought Liberty Mutual put a really thin antenna at the leftmost end of the tower, but then I realized it's the Berkeley Building antenna behind it.

Is it just me, or does that picture make the Clarendon look particularly nice?

Someday the Pike will get developed and you'll probably never see the fact side of the building again.

LOL, that could be interpreted as both a blessing and a curse!

I don't disagree with you gooseberry, but at this point I personally that's the only angle it looks terrible at.

(I do dislike how it covers up the Old Hancock but such is the nature of change...)

That angle makes me sad. This fatty ruins the skyline from much of the South End.

I disagree that the building ruins the skyline from "much" of the South End. The building only blocks the Old Hancock on the NNE half of the South End area bound by Berkeley, East Berkeley, Albany, and the Pike.

I would agree that the fat angle disrupts the skyline view from a very small part of the South End, part of Bay Village, and the southernmost slice of Chinatown. Otherwise, a welcome addition, especially at night.

Let's keep your mother and her hot air balloon ride out of this.

J/k. I had to take that opening. My apologies.

Best.Post.Ever.

You may drop the mike and go.

If that is the best post ever on a forum for blogging about buildings I would have to say this forum might be finished.

Looks like the uneducated have arrived and would not be surprised if half the useless BRA employees are now blogging on this site.

It looks like my people finally found me.

What happened to Avatar, Lurker, Ablarc, Toby, Itchy ect.......?

If that is the best post ever on a forum for blogging about buildings I would have to say this forum might be finished.

Looks like the uneducated have arrived and would not be surprised if half the useless BRA employees are now blogging on this site.

It looks like my people finally found me.

Must be my LACK OF VISION or something. Get over yourself Rif.

Could you point me to the blogs on this site? I wasn't even aware there was any blogging going on here.

Does that mean you'll stop posting? Promise?

Back