Liberty Wharf | 220-270 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Liberty Wharf (Jimmy's Harborside)

Not quite.

Liberty Wharf is on Massport property, as are Seaport Hotel, Fidelity towers, etc. Massport is not subject to City zoning.

Massport embarked on its own planning process independent of the Mayor's Seaport planning, agreeing only to an advisory role for the BRA.

Of Course that is true -- BUT -- you have to give Tommy credit for advocating and flogging the Seaport / Innovation District concept

It's a bit early to declare victory -- but if you remember the wasteland of parking lots and some old warehouses surrounding the oasis of the Seaport Hotel -- this seems like its approaching a critical mass

If Kevin White can be credited with resurrecting the downtown waterfront and Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market -- then you have to give Tommy credit for the Seaport Innovation District

jass, the "Remy Burger" is $11 and a bottle of Tremont Ale is $4. So yeah, I was wrong about the tip part.

Oh, p.s. Blow me.

jass, the "Remy Burger" is $11 and a bottle of Tremont Ale is $4. So yeah, I was wrong about the tip part..

And how are prices in the other fine establishments?

jass, the "Remy Burger" is $11 and a bottle of Tremont Ale is $4. So yeah, I was wrong about the tip part.

Oh, p.s. Blow me.

I'm certainly not rolling in the dough (yay, non-profits!), but those of us with tight budgets who still like to enjoy the city find ways to do it. I'd like to suggest the nachos at Remy's. They sound expensive at $11, but they are delicious and are legitimately filling for 2 or 3 people. No joke.

John and Jass, care to join me?

And how are prices in the other fine establishments?

Pricey dining is not exactly a new concept in this town. Why is it that this project must accommodate everyone? Frankly it seems as though you're just pissy because you can't afford to eat here. In my experiences and conversations, that's one of Liberty Wharf's greatest assets, it's largely bereft of the derelicts and dirtbags who normally linger about Boylston, Newbury, Tremont, Stuart, etc.

It boggles my mind why anyone would eat at Remmy's. The food there is flat out awful. The new location is nice and great for getting a beer. But the place is so over hyped for some reason.

I'm certainly not rolling in the dough (yay, non-profits!), but those of us with tight budgets who still like to enjoy the city find ways to do it. I'd like to suggest the nachos at Remy's. They sound expensive at $11, but they are delicious and are legitimately filling for 2 or 3 people. No joke.

John and Jass, care to join me?

I went there with my sister and parents a few weeks ago, and going dutch with each of us splitting the nachos and downing a pint was totally affordable on our limited budgets. All we wanted to do was people watch and be by the water. Remy's got us fed and Legal's et al gave us the entertainment via their clientele.

We only actually went to Remys over the equally affordable Atlantic Beer Garden or Whiskey Priest, or to some extent Barking Crab, because we hadn't been over to Liberty Wharf yet. There totally exists an "affordable" dining dynamic in that part of the Seaport it just isn't at Liberty Wharf. Between the Convention Center, ICA, Courthouse and WTC these upscale haunts are totally justifiable for the area.

I can't afford 90% of Newbury Street, but it's still fun to visit and I can afford Uno's on Boylston when I do.

What a whiny loser. You can buy a beer and a burger for under $15, tip included, at Remy's. It's a night out. People have been doing it for centuries. Even the paupers.

I went there earlier this summer and dropped $11 on the burger and $8.50 for a beer. Kick in a tip and it's about $25 per person...assuming you each only have one beer. No, it's not insanely expensive, but for a burger and a beer that's pretty steep.

^Well then why don't you pack a pb&j and stop and stare at the people eating at remy's?

I want to see the inside of this building but I'm not dealing with the crowds. I'll either go at an odd hour or wait a year for the trendy crowd to move on.

I went there earlier this summer and dropped $11 on the burger and $8.50 for a beer. Kick in a tip and it's about $25 per person...assuming you each only have one beer. No, it's not insanely expensive, but for a burger and a beer that's pretty steep.
$8.50 a beer? That better be some good beer.

I can afford it............but I choose to not get ripped off.

$8.50 a beer? That better be some good beer.

I can afford it............but I choose to not get ripped off.

22 oz Dale's Pale Ale, so yes it's about the best beer you can buy. Probably one of my five favorites.

22 oz Dale's Pale Ale, so yes it's about the best beer you can buy. Probably one of my five favorites.

That is a good beer, I may have to hit Remmy's now that I know they serve it.

This thread was filled with bile and hatred and now look at it!

Is there anything beer can't do?

beer_summit_0709.jpg

That's what is need in the Filene's hole -- a good brewery

After all Spring Lane was named after the best water on the Shawmut Peninsula

I suggest the frst brew be called Boston deep in the hole

perhaps a rathskeller under Target called the Bulls XXXXX

Back