Liberty Wharf | 220-270 Northern Ave | Seaport

Re: Liberty Wharf (Jimmy's Harborside)

The photo looks like a Juiced up Harbor Towers on super steroids.

^^^

Looks more like the well known side effect of having been on super steroids!

kennedy - I love the buildings because they are so heinous. Imagine arriving in town by boat or plane and seeing those buildings, first. "Welcome to Boston, USSR!"

5/25/10

Fresh fish!
rest2.jpg

Fresh Alucobond!
rest3g.jpg

rest4.jpg

rest5r.jpg

Fresh Parking!
rest1c.jpg

I really don't mind how they're using the alucobond here. Sure, granite masonry would be better. But is that realistic to ask for?

This will be tan, right?

Perhaps, but I always thought that it was meant to last a long time, all while being relatively cheap and easy to replace? Don't take me too seriously, it's not like I'm some kind of alucobond scholar, I'm just wondering, because I think your giving Liberty Wharf some undue criticism.

Perhaps, but I always thought that it was meant to last a long time, all while being relatively cheap and easy to replace?

That's what they said about plastic 40 years ago.

Nice shots Arborway, thanks. I like this building because I think it's appropriate for what it is and where it is. We already know that the food will be decent and it will be a fun place to eat after a concert at the Pavillion.

I agree Meadow. I am happy to see any private development actually happen in the Seaport District, or anywhere for that matter, as long as it isn't primarily funded by the tax payers.

Second Jerry Remy?s set for waterfront
By Donna Goodison / Turning the Tables | Friday, May 28, 2010 | http://www.bostonherald.com | Business & Markets

A second Hub location for Jerry Remy?s Sports Bar & Grill is in the works for the Seaport District.

The NESN Red Sox [team stats] color analyst and former Sox second baseman?s company has a handshake deal with the Cronin Group to open a 200-seat Remy?s at Liberty Wharf, the $43 million waterfront development in South Boston.

The 5,000-square-foot sports bar and restaurant will be patterned after the larger Remy?s that opened in March on Boylston Street, in the shadow of Fenway Park [map], with Sox memorabilia, huge high-def TVs and upscale comfort food.

Jon Cronin, the largest investor in the original Remy?s, reignited that $5 million project after a planned opening for the 2009 Red Sox season was stalled due to a lack of financing.

?We?re going to do two restaurants down on the old Jimmy?s Harborside site: One is going to be a Remy?s and the other is going to be upscale Mexican,? Cronin said. ?With the (Boston Convention & Exhibition Center) and people coming into town - and the Red Sox obviously being a national team - I think that personality and concept will be a good fit.?

The RemDawg?s business partner, LTS Sports president John O?Rourke, confirmed the plans.

?We have a very good relationship with Jon Cronin, and we would give him the opportunity of franchising the brand,? O?Rourke said. ?Jerry would be involved heavily in that, and we may or may not have an ownership piece of that as well.?

Cronin also owns Atlantic Beer Garden and the recently opened Whiskey Priest just down the street on the waterfront, among other properties in Boston, Pittsburgh and Ireland.

He?ll spend $5 million to build out Remy?s and the 200-seat Mexican restaurant. James Beard Award-winner Todd Hall, who had been culinary director for the first Remy?s, will be the executive chef of the as-yet-unnamed Mexican eatery. Hall was the opening chef for La Hacienda at the Fairmont Scottsdale hotel in Arizona, a four-star Mobil restaurant that?s since been revamped.

Both restaurants will be on the first floor of Liberty Wharf?s west building and will split 140 waterfront patio seats. December openings are planned.

The two restaurants will join a three-story, 20,000-square-foot Legal Sea Foods restaurant and California-based Tavistock Group?s ZED451 steakhouse at Liberty Wharf, a project by Boston?s Cresset Development.

?With the addition of Remy?s next to Legal Sea Foods? newest restaurant, the Seaport District is really going to take off next summer,? said Vivien Li, executive director of the Boston Harbor Association. ?We now have Louis on the waterfront . . . and there?s discussion of a future extension of the convention center. It really provides tourists a destination on this part of the waterfront.?

Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1257846

YEAH MORE FOOD! We can just turn the Seaport into a huge cafeteria for the conventioneers. Honestly, can we get one single retail store, that isn't Louis Boston? For chrissakes people, this is getting ridiculous. There are more restaurants in this desolate region than in the rest of the city combined (okay, I exaggerate, but I wouldn't be surprised if "restaurant density" is higher in the Seaport than anywhere, except maybe the North End).

Destination restaurants like these can slowly transform this middle-of-nowhere into a somewhere... and when that happens, there will be retailers who will want to grow into that up-and-coming somewhere-ness. I'd give it a few years, and not be too concerned about a glut of restaurants here.

Did the Boston Herald actually just refer to him as "the RemDawg"? Is this in their style guide, like the NY Times' requirement to write "Mr. ___", no matter how odious the person is/was?

"Both restaurants will be on the first floor of Liberty Wharf?s west building and will split 140 waterfront patio seats. December openings are planned."

Its like a vast conspiracy in Boston. Every outdoor function MUST open in time for the coldest part of winter.

I have no problem with the area becoming a restaurant zone. Give everyone a 2am closing now so future residents cant bitch.

This area was always a "restaurant zone."

Yeah, with three restaurants.

Back