Logan Airport Capital Projects

Great! And Uber is only allowed to pick up with livery stickers not the normal uberx cars. Therefore they usually charge more to pick up and drop off at logan.

I was just in Rio's Santos Dumont airport where Uber has a sleek "lounge" concept with very comfy sofas, newspapers, free bottled water, wi-fi, and staff calling drivers for you. Works right alongside the regular taxi service. Haven't seen anything like that in the US. It would revolutionize airport transit if Uber/Lyft were permitted to do something like that at Logan.

Can't post photos within the addition, but the addition's new gate hold area is visible from within the existing E itself now that the barriers are down:

tM0BRfEh.jpg

(Hard to see, but the gate numbers are also on the ceiling in the addition)

Also, here's a renovated gate hold area in the existing E:

tZWUWGph.jpg

Architect is AECOM.

Looks great. A couple 380 one offs coming up before month end and looks like it'll be ready!

The reno to the existing hold areas was sorely needed. The old CRT screens at the gates made me cringe!

Not so sure about the seating though. Is there really nothing better for airport seating than those black leatherette sloping chairs? Also, I don't see any power outlets around the seating. Not very 21st century if they are missing (could be there and just not visible).

Not so sure about the seating though. Is there really nothing better for airport seating than those black leatherette sloping chairs? Also, I don't see any power outlets around the seating. Not very 21st century if they are missing (could be there and just not visible).

There are shiny white "tech bars" between each group of seating areas with outlets. Not sure if there are integrated outlets in the standard black seats for people who want to sit and charge their phone rather than stand at the benches.

Nice photo Data - will be nice when we can see the rest of the new area.

When are formal plans due for the 4 gate expansion? Is construction supposed to start by the end of 2017?

There are shiny white "tech bars" between each group of seating areas with outlets. Not sure if there are integrated outlets in the standard black seats for people who want to sit and charge their phone rather than stand at the benches.

Great, could not see those. Those usually work pretty well for folks.

The outlets integrated into the seats seem to end up broken a lot in other parts of the airport.

In the first pic, is that some sort of water feature hanging from the ceiling?

Any word on when the lounges might open and the definitive occupants(I have to assume BA, Lufthansa and Emirates still)?

Little to no chance we ever get an Amex Centurion Lounge due to lack of space, right?

Little to no chance we ever get an Amex Centurion Lounge due to lack of space, right?

This expansion has space for 3 10,000 sqf clubs. It hasn't been confirmed who will be taking them. The first phase of next the expansion, which will bring 4 new gates, should have space for 1-2 clubs as well. So maybe down the road there could be one.

I just drove by Logan and there was a BA747 at E12 and an EK777 at E11. Looks like they might have started using the gates.

Mass88 - not sure the lounges have been publicly confirmed but I think it's all but certain as stated above. For instance, Emirates had recent job postings for Boston based lounge agents.

They could also just be parking them there between flights. The BA 747 was probably 213/212 which I think sits on the ground in Boston for at least four or five hours from arrival to departure. You don't want to tie up an active gate for that amount of time.

Last edited:
Since it's mentioned that this A380 flight is for a one time basis, does this mean the A380 is scheduled for that day only....but will be scheduled regularly at some point in the future?

Back