Logan Airport Capital Projects

52uwIil.jpg

Boycotting Logan until this is type-c.

Ugh.......The IT crowd cringes at USB plugs placed in public places. They get abused and just trashed. USB Type A (the sockets in the picture) are designed to last at most 10,000 cycles (plug inserted/plug removed). Type C may last a little longer, but I still wouldn't trust a plug like that in a public place.

My money says these are destroyed by July.

(USB Standards can be found HERE and HERE)

Data, thanks for the pix.

Wormtown, these gates will likely be used for boarding one, perhaps two flights a day. So if every USB port is used twice a day, that's nearly 15 years of use.

Data, thanks for the pix.

Wormtown, these gates will likely be used for boarding one, perhaps two flights a day. So if every USB port is used twice a day, that's nearly 15 years of use.

Also, if you're traveling, you bring your adapter...

Thanks for the pics. It's unfortunate none of the operators have released renderings of the new lounge facility but overall it looks superb.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing

How's the Emirates lounge coming along? Eager to (hopefully) pay it a visit next month.

So the Lufthansa lounge opened this past Thursday, March 2. I had to wait until it was official to post pictures. I was involved with the lounge's construction.

Lufthansa Business Lounge
Airport Boston - Logan International, MA
Location Terminal E, level 4. Elevator and stairs across from gate E11
Opening hours 13:00 – 21:30

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...d=search&p=LH&s=US&l=en&cid=1000390&p=LH&s=US

I'm a little surprised that they went with just a Business Lounge as with the previous arrangement they had both Senator and Business Lounges. Are you involved with the BA lounge(s) at all?

I'm a little surprised that they went with just a Business Lounge as with the previous arrangement they had both Senator and Business Lounges. Are you involved with the BA lounge(s) at all?

There is a separate nook in this lounge with a first class dining area where first class passengers can get a private prix fixe dinner.

How big is this lounge? Per the Lufthansa press release, it's 630 m2 and that works out to roughly 6800 sqf. I thought the lounges were all supposed to be at least 10,000 sqf? Or is some of that 10,000 sqf dedicated to kitchens and offices?

How big is this lounge? Per the Lufthansa press release, it's 630 m2 and that works out to roughly 6800 sqf. I thought the lounges were all supposed to be at least 10,000 sqf? Or is some of that 10,000 sqf dedicated to kitchens and offices?

None of the lounges hit 10,000. All 3 are different sizes. Lufthansa is the smallest at ~6700sf.

I received an email from Emirates that there was a change to my booking. The change is the move to E from 3/26. I assume that must coincide with their lounge opening. Looks like I'll be able to visit! That pleasant news should help me cope with the electronics ban!

Looks like the British Airways Lounge has opened. On Instagram people have posted picks inside - it looks quite nice and has a great view of Boston and the skyline.

Review posted by a contributor from The Points Guy. I generally don't like giving hits to frequent flier blogs, but someone sent me this and thought everyone here would also enjoy seeing it:

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/03/british-airways-boston-lounge/

Overall it is a big improvement to the dungeon, especially with the views and natural light. That said, the food and FC dining looks identical to the out going lounge.

Review posted by a contributor from The Points Guy. I generally don't like giving hits to frequent flier blogs, but someone sent me this and thought everyone here would also enjoy seeing it:

Overall it is a big improvement to the dungeon, especially with the views and natural light. That said, the food and FC dining looks identical to the out going lounge.

British is much more compartmentalized than Lufthansa. Series of little nooks and hallways with the exception of the horseshoe lounge, which is still rather intimately scaled opposed to Lufthansa's essentially open-seating area.

British also has a shower & Lufthansa does not.

British is much more compartmentalized than Lufthansa. Series of little nooks and hallways with the exception of the horseshoe lounge, which is still rather intimately scaled opposed to Lufthansa's essentially open-seating area.

British also has a shower & Lufthansa does not.

Thanks for posting the LH pics btw.

Great post, thanks. For those of us who will probably never get inside one of these lounges (not envious of those that do..they either travel a lot of pay the higher prices for business/1st class passage) it's good to see that Logan is keeping up with it's international status. Have to say, I have been in the Delta lounge in the new international terminal in Atlanta a few times and the outdoor terrace space overlooking the tarmac is amazing. But both the BA and Lufthansa lounges are very very nice. Looking forward to seeing the new Emirates lounge.

The ATL SkyDeck this time of year with a cold Sweetwater is close to heaven for an airline enthusiast. Next time you travel on DL at ATL definitely visit the B club. It's their newest and probably tied for "flagship" title with SFO and the new SEA club. It's got more in the way of food, wine machine and overall theme is inspired by Virgin Atlantic LHR Clubhouse (DL has a 49% ownership stake and JBV with VS).

Putting the horseshoe bar and view aside, Lufthansa won here. What BA has put together is certainly a tremendous improvement but it feels sterile and plain. Despite it being open and airy, Lufthansa seems to exude a level of warmth. Obviously the finishes are of a better quality but the BA Lounge doesn't seem dramatically better than the average AA AC.

Putting the horseshoe bar and view aside, Lufthansa won here. What BA has put together is certainly a tremendous improvement but it feels sterile and plain. Despite it being open and airy, Lufthansa seems to exude a level of warmth. Obviously the finishes are of a better quality but the BA Lounge doesn't seem dramatically better than the average AA AC.

Well BA, as you probably well know, has always been lacking in the lounge category (among many others on the product front). Other than peace and quiet due to relatively restricted access to the CCRs, even their best lounge at T5 is nothing spectacular against LH, CX, QF or LX. And with the direction they're heading under Cruz I don't expect that changing anytime soon although the entry corridor and security channel should be open soon. Shame given the concentration of paid F demand at LHR they can't offer a better product or at the very least better ground handling like LH/AF/LX.

Back