Logan Airport Capital Projects

Can anyone confirm if the Emirates lounge has opened? I know they moved over to E for departures, but I haven't seen any confirmation that the lounge has actually opened.

It has not yet. They were lagging significantly behind the other two.

from Seaport Square thread;

The busway can be dual mode with track embedded in the floor, supporting both trolleys and buses. Buses for Logan and Chelsea; Trolleys to Design Center (maybe eventually out into Southie if they ever get over their transit aversion.)

Thought has always been to connect the South Station end of the busway back to the Green Line at Boylston in some fashion. Big expense regardless the routing, but a doable, important connection. Then you have Red, Orange and other Green Lines connected out to the Seaport.

Can they do narrow speed (asia style) or a DFW style tram to serve the Seaport without it getting bogged down by the airport buses? or send airport busses straight to Logan with a tube out of South Station to the TW Tunnel? Jesus.

The South Station intercity bus terminal does have some reasonably direct connections toward the Ted Williams Tunnel, and maybe if we wanted to remove SL1 from the transit bus tunnel it could serve only the South Station intercity bus terminal plus the airport terminals. However, I'm under the impression that the intercity bus terminal at South Station is already pretty much at capacity, and I'm not sure if there's a viable way to expand it.

This thread is supposed to be about capital projects at Logan Airport planned/under construction by Massport.

It has not yet. They were lagging significantly behind the other two.

That's disappointing. I figured for sure it would have been done since they just moved ops over to E. Hoping they'll bee able to get it done this week for me :) but not optimistic

^ Never have to even come in contact with the common folk.

^ Never have to even come in contact with the common folk.

With a belly full of caviar and Dom Perignon, it is a bit of a treck to get to the gate from the lounge at most airports. I sometimes break a sweat and have to unbutton one or two buttons on my Armani shirt to cool off.

Are there any plans to address gates C40-42? I flew through there for the first time and man is that are awful. I came off a Virgin America flight from SFO and the waiting area was packed as there was a Virgin America flight to LAX waiting and an Alaska flight to Seattle waiting. No where to sit and plenty of people were standing.

With a belly full of caviar and Dom Perignon, it is a bit of a treck to get to the gate from the lounge at most airports. I sometimes break a sweat and have to unbutton one or two buttons on my Armani shirt to cool off.

Caviar and Dom? More like finger sandwiches and Castelnau(Taittinger on occasion). And who still wears Armani?

Are there any plans to address gates C40-42? I flew through there for the first time and man is that are awful. I came off a Virgin America flight from SFO and the waiting area was packed as there was a Virgin America flight to LAX waiting and an Alaska flight to Seattle waiting. No where to sit and plenty of people were standing.

There once were drawings of a connector/reconfiguration of the food court on that side of C. Not sure what happened to it. Maybe once JetBlue left those gates Massport didn't see the need for it.

I flew out of those gates several times when JetBlue had them, and I tried to avoid them like the plague. I think they were originally intended for small regional jets, but my JetBlue flights were A320s.

I believe Alaska will be vacating those gates and moving to the east side of B, once AA consolidates on the west side. If/when JetBlue decides to renovate the piers at C, JetBlue may have use for them again.

I flew out of those gates several times when JetBlue had them, and I tried to avoid them like the plague. I think they were originally intended for small regional jets, but my JetBlue flights were A320s.

I believe Alaska will be vacating those gates and moving to the east side of B, once AA consolidates on the west side. If/when JetBlue decides to renovate the piers at C, JetBlue may have use for them again.

Is there going to be enough room for Alaska over in B? I count 9 gates on the old AA side and I believe Spirit has 2 of them. Isn't Southwest moving into this area?

Any updates of the first phase of the Terminal E expansion?

While I didn't have time to walk all the way down the corridor, it appears that the connector in B between the main AA gates and gates B37/38 is now open. I could clearly see all the way from the AA food court area to those gates yesterday--sorry I didn't take a pic!

While I didn't have time to walk all the way down the corridor, it appears that the connector in B between the main AA gates and gates B37/38 is now open. I could clearly see all the way from the AA food court area to those gates yesterday--sorry I didn't take a pic!

Your report is equally appreciated!

Back