Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I don't see any issue with JetBlue adding a basic economy product. From what I have heard, the tvs aren't going anywhere, the leg room will still be among the best in the sky for domestic carriers and the snacks still unlimited. Also, they do not plan to charge for carry on baggage so you can still bring your backpack/briefcase to put in front of you in addition to a bag that fits into the overhead space. The real question to me is will basic economy purchasers get to select seats. If so, what exactly are they taking away?

I'd guess the tickets will be non-refundable and non-changeable. You board the plan last. No seat selection. Limited or no JetBlue points can be accumulated.

What's interesting is that a new trend with the US carriers will be to charge for seats near the front of the cabin. Nothing different about the seats - no additional leg room, not special food and/or drink options, nothing. Just the fact that you're sitting at or near the front of the cabin.

Rumors were true: BOS-LIS on Delta starts May 23rd with the initial BOS-LIS flight. It will be on 757-200 Domestic with no Delta One just Premium Select.

DL124 BOS 21:45—09:15 LIS
DL125 LIS 10:45—13:15 BOS

Its bookable but only high fare codes available right (i.e $2000+ round trips)

Rumors were true: BOS-LIS on Delta starts May 23rd with the initial BOS-LIS flight. It will be on 757-200 Domestic with no Delta One just Premium Select.

DL124 BOS 21:45—09:15 LIS
DL125 LIS 10:45—13:15 BOS

Its bookable but only high fare codes available right (i.e $2000+ round trips)

How long are the flights going to run for? September end date?

This is a smart add by Delta. A market with some pretty good demand, high fares and they can easily use a single aircraft to do the turn.

How long are the flights going to run for? September end date?

This is a smart add by Delta. A market with some pretty good demand, high fares and they can easily use a single aircraft to do the turn.

I think Logan will eventually get a Brazil flight.

That's one of the biggest international holes that i see.

I'm hearing rumors Primera Air MAY be completely dunzo in the next 24-48 hours. MIGHT want to consider looking into other options if you either have a flight booked with them or were planning to purchase one.

https://news.delta.com/delta-boston-s-no-1-global-airline-offer-nonstop-lisbon-service-summer-2019

Here's something confirmed, by a carrier that won't be going belly-up. Expanding on the post by adamh.

Flights will fun May 23 - September 3. Boeing 757-200 aircraft confirmed.

Delta does a good job of scheduling their European arrivals into Boston before the busy rush at Terminal E. I am sure it also has something to do with trying to connect well with forward flights from Boston.

London Heathrow arrives at 12:16 PM
Paris Charles de Gaulle arrives at 12:16 PM
Amsterdam #1 arrives at 1:16 PM
Dublin arrives at 12:31 PM

First off, full details of what their basic economy will include have not come out. Second, JetBlue is just matching what the the US3 legacies have already done in that they've added basic economy tickets. So United, Delta and American have all added this fare class recently.

As long as they don't lessen their seat pitch and also lessen the seat pitch on the Even More Space seats (one of the best values in US aviation), then this should not have any major negative affects for JetBlue.

They do however need to revamp their operations for better on time performance.

But they are tightening the seat pitch. Theyre going from 150 seats to 162 seats.

And they went from no bag fee to the highest bag fee.

And they hiked up change fees.

And now basic economy.

As bigpicture7 said, it is my duty to tell people to watch out. I dont care what AA and United are doing. I know those airlines are crap. I avoid those airlines because theyre crap. I fly Jetblue because they are supposed to be better.

But in August, they announced that Ben Baldanza (former CEO of Spirit) was joining the Board of Directors

Express to shit city.

You have been warned.

But they are tightening the seat pitch. Theyre going from 150 seats to 162 seats.

And they went from no bag fee to the highest bag fee.

And they hiked up change fees.

And now basic economy.

As bigpicture7 said, it is my duty to tell people to watch out. I dont care what AA and United are doing. I know those airlines are crap. I avoid those airlines because theyre crap. I fly Jetblue because they are supposed to be better.

But in August, they announced that Ben Baldanza (former CEO of Spirit) was joining the Board of Directors

Express to shit city.

You have been warned.

So what are suggesting on routes serviced by say American, United and JetBlue? Even with the changes aren't you still better off on JetBlue? Perhaps it's just not as big of a differential between them and the legacy carriers anymore but I still much prefer JetBlue even with all the recent changes for the worse.

32 inches of seat pitch is more then enough for me, and I'm 6 feet tall.

For me it is contextual: if I am traveling solo and it is a short flight, I don't care much about seat assignment. If I am traveling with my wife and its a long flight, seat assignment is much more important to me.

And here, there is indeed difference between how the carriers handle basic economy. On Delta (which, IMO, has done a better job rolling this out)...at least a couple of months ago when I last flew them...I was able to select a set at check-in. On UA, you have no opportunity to influence your seat assignment at all. Delta's latest IFE that they are rolling out is also far superior (even convincing my wife, who was of the I-dont-care-I-use-my-ipad camp, to admit that the large flat screens and tons of movie choices was preferable).

From my experience, UA's Basic Economy is by far the worst, and Delta's is the best. There are now an awful lot of factors that need to be considered for me to make my decision (airline, solo/partner, length, ever-changing-details of Basic Economy)...it used to be simpler.

What I'm waiting to see is how this new fare class will effect co-branded credit card holders.

I currently have a Barclay's JetBlue Plus MasterCard. If I book a Blue (basic) fare, I get baggage allowances included.

Jetblue is adding service between Boston and Rochester, NY. Flights start January 8, 2019 and it will run once daily.

I wonder how long American will stick with this route?

Jetblue is also going to close three stations - Daytona Beach, St. Croix and Washington Dulles.

Someone posted a slide over on airliners.net that mentioned expanded service from Boston to Aruba, Nassau, Orlando, Punta Cana, Santiago, Santo Domingo, Sarasota, Tampa and West Palm Beach.

Last edited:
Jetblue is also going to close three stations - Daytona Beach, St. Croix and Washington Dulles.
Bummer about IAD; That's such a huge tech destination, I'm surprised that UA was able to chase them out of it, leaving it a monopoly from Boston.

Back