Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Logan and Massport are so far behind the curve they'll never catch up. More than embarrassing.

Departure board at LHR (EGLL) this morning showing destinations that just maybe Logan might serve years and years and years from now.

DcWPu4oXkAAAvk2.jpg

Also Iberia is making Madrid-Boston year round. It will run 3 time a week in the winter and daily in the summer.

With the Mexico City announcement - JetBlue also has asked DOT to postpone Havana launch until mid-November using fleet/crew planning as the excuse.

Delta is adding Boston to Philadelphia flights. 4 times daily and they will begin in October.

Also flights to Barcelona look like they're going to be year-round. Level has loaded 3 weekly flights for November, December and January.

Another airline forum devoted to Virgin Atlantic is discussing rumors of a daytime flight being added to Virgin's Boston-Heathrow service.

http://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1394245
http://v-flyer.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=297207

No idea if Delta is dropping their frequency.

https://mobile.twitter.com/virginatlantic/status/996739826769678336?s=12p

It's now official. Starting March 31, 2019, Virgin Atlantic will be introducing a second daily flight between London - Heathrow and Boston. Flights depart London at 8:30 pm. Flights depart Boston at 8:30 am.

Flights to be operated by an Airbus A330-300.

https://mobile.twitter.com/virginatlantic/status/996739826769678336?s=12p

It's now official. Starting March 31, 2019, Virgin Atlantic will be introducing a second daily flight between London - Heathrow and Boston. Flights depart London at 8:30 pm. Flights depart Boston at 8:30 am.

Flights to be operated by an Airbus A330-300.

Virgin is also adding a 3rd weekly seasonal Boston-Manchester UK for Summer 2019.

Hopefully its a Monday Departure which would be a slightly better schedule than Thomas Cook's Mon/Wed/Fri.

Sichuan Airlines filed amendment with DOT to launch Boston-Chengdu twice weekly beginning in mid-December (they used the phrase "on or about 12/17/18").

https://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf102/84.pdf

CTU-BOS A359 21:00 00:15/+1 (Mon/Fri)
BOS-CTU A359 02:15 06:35/+1 (Tues/Sat)

They expect a 75% Load Factor - we'll see. Some reviews aren't the greatest especially when compared with those of Hainan. CTU airport has some issues too from what I've read.

Norwegian will be daily year-round on Boston-London Gatwick.

I've noticed they are almost daily on JFK-French Caribbean. They should bring back Boston-French Caribbean and just do Saturday only flights.

Norwegian will be daily year-round on Boston-London Gatwick.

I've noticed they are almost daily on JFK-French Caribbean. They should bring back Boston-French Caribbean and just do Saturday only flights.

They weren't already? I'm surprised by that.

I'm not sure if it's just their onslaught of new routes to new cities that makes me feel this way, but it seems like Norwegian isn't doing as well in Boston as it is in other markets. Many of the routes from BOS haven't stuck.

They weren't already? I'm surprised by that.

I'm not sure if it's just their onslaught of new routes to new cities that makes me feel this way, but it seems like Norwegian isn't doing as well in Boston as it is in other markets. Many of the routes from BOS haven't stuck.

I think the only route that they got rid of is Oslo and CPH. The carribean destinations just moved to Providence, and they have a bunch of Irish plus an endinburg flight in Providence. Providence serves the Boston market, just at a lower price to Norwegian. I booked tickets to Ireland out of Providence since it is a good bit cheaper then Boston.

I think BOS-CPH is too small for 2 carriers, and that's why Norwegian left that.

Boston-Havana is finally bookable.

http://otp.investis.com/clients/us/jetblue_airways/usn/usnews-story.aspx?cid=981&newsid=54970

I think the only route that they got rid of is Oslo and CPH. The carribean destinations just moved to Providence, and they have a bunch of Irish plus an endinburg flight in Providence. Providence serves the Boston market, just at a lower price to Norwegian. I booked tickets to Ireland out of Providence since it is a good bit cheaper then Boston.

I think BOS-CPH is too small for 2 carriers, and that's why Norwegian left that.

I've read Norwegian loses big money on Scandinavia-USA so they have been trimming those routes and I'm sure a weekly Copenhagen flight was a weak link and biweekly Oslo not much better.

Yeah, it's definitely tough to sustain those routes. But they axed Bergen from Providence too, and they "suspended" Cork, Edinburgh, and Shannon for the winter due to low demand. It seems like Dublin is the only one doing well out of PVD. I'm interested in numbers on Martinique/Guadeloupe too. They weren't great out of BOS. Is it too soon to have some information on hour BOS-CDG is doing?

Yeah, it's definitely tough to sustain those routes. But they axed Bergen from Providence too, and they "suspended" Cork, Edinburgh, and Shannon for the winter due to low demand. It seems like Dublin is the only one doing well out of PVD. I'm interested in numbers on Martinique/Guadeloupe too. They weren't great out of BOS. Is it too soon to have some information on hour BOS-CDG is doing?

I discount any numbers for the French Caribbean since the schedule was poor and sub-optimal especially when the shift was made to TF Green.

Most people go to warm weather routes on Sat/Sun. Its a very common USA originating travel pattern that Norwegian should have taken into consideration At least it was slightly better in BOS you could have taken a Sun-Sun flight.

Back