Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Hainan is changing the routing of its service from Beijing - Capital. Previously, flights would run Beijing - Boston - Seattle - Beijing. Now they will operate Beijing - Boston - Brussels - Beijing. Service will continue to run 3 times per week for NW 2024/25 using Boeing 787-9 equipment. Brussels will be a tech stop.

Pretty cool in that this will be round-the-world routing.

1729007047053.png

Hainan is changing the routing of its service from Beijing - Capital. Previously, flights would run Beijing - Boston - Seattle - Beijing. Now they will operate Beijing - Boston - Brussels - Beijing. Service will continue to run 3 times per week for NW 2024/25 using Boeing 787-9 equipment. Brussels will be a tech stop.

Pretty cool in that this will be round-the-world routing.

View attachment 56921

Why is this necessary? Hainan was running both directions nonstop prior to Covid, using I believe the same equipment..

Why is this necessary? Hainan was running both directions nonstop prior to Covid, using I believe the same equipment..
Russian airspace restrictions due to the Ukraine war? No polar flyovers for flights to/from the US means a much longer flight route..

Noted yesterday coming out of Terminal E that signs were flagging Etihad moving to Terminal C later this month. I know it's not that long of a walk, but I'm curious how the airline feels since it's a bit of a hike from the Air France lounge to the widebody-capable gates at Terminal C. Not that Massport cares lol, but I'm sure Etihad leadership will be happy to see newer, nicer lounges coming to Terminal C in a few years!

Also, after walking from E15 to customs, I'm really curious how moving walkways are going to fit in the new corridors -- It's already quite a bit of a tight squeeze. I did, however, notice the improvements underway at the older portion of Terminal E, including upgraded check-in desks to mimic what the new Delta ones look like closer to the new security lanes at Terminal E. All in all: Nice to see the flurry of activity at Logan! The new baggage carousels at Terminal E can't come soon enough -- was packed yesterday afternoon, and it's not even summer!

Also, after walking from E15 to customs, I'm really curious how moving walkways are going to fit in the new corridors -- It's already quite a bit of a tight squeeze.
Are there moving walkways planned in the near term or is that in a future phase of the expansion. I did the E15 to customs walk a few weeks ago and it is extremely long.

Back