Lovejoy Wharf - Hoffman Building | 160 North Washington Street | West End

Re: Lovejoy Wharf

Demolishing the actual wharf (where there used to be an MBTA ferry dock), or one of the buildings, or both?

^^^ They are working on both. Most of the (Beverly Str.) building demolition is internal at this point. New holes keep showing up on the west wall with debris shoots. I'm guessing it will be down by the end of the month.

I think the wharf area being demolished in the photo was once home to a parking lot.

This is really a fantastic development. I can't wait to see it when finished.

Demolishing the actual wharf (where there used to be an MBTA ferry dock), or one of the buildings, or both?

The MBTA ferry wharf was actually where the DCR/State Police dock is. It used to be a larger dock, but it was downscaled for DCR use.

Does anyone also feel this has the opportunity to be one of the more influential developments on a neighborhood coming up in the next few years?

^ Very much so. It's right on the freedom trail between the north end and charleston. It will be the building that people see and say, lets head that way. (God knows the Victor isn't bringing anyone in). But if this is a good entrance from that direction it could be a nice waterfront place that hopefully brings people into the new north station area.

I also think the new pedestrian bridges planned between NS and North point will help make this much more enticing to people.

Does anyone also feel this has the opportunity to be one of the more influential developments on a neighborhood coming up in the next few years?

The North Station area in general is going to be completely changed in the next few years between this, the towers going up around the Garden, One Canal, the Merano, the Victor, and eventually, the redevelopment of Basketball city. I'm excited about the Causeway Street redesign too. It's really exciting.

I believe the only thing they've done so far is have one community meeting. I don't think they've gone passed that. In all honesty, as much of a disaster as Causeway is now, it'd probably be smart to wait until the Merano and North Station Towers go up before starting work on the street. They'll just rip it up again for utility hook ups.

2009. LOL.

Lovejoy Wharf to feature Hub's first automated garage
Boston Business Journal - 3:57 PM EDT Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lovejoy Wharf is a 455,000-square-foot project that contains 250 residential units and 40,000 square feet of office and retail space. The project is expected to break ground in the summer and be completed by 2009.

Link

Does the current plan still have this automated garage?

Hummm, what could have happened between March 27, 2007 and 2009? The great recession maybe?

From yesterday. Being readied for demolition.

IMG_9221

I don't remember this being posted here...

From TAT's Facebook cover photo:

819147_431883586888223_1028387745_o.jpg

Last edited:

Where's that "Boston Style" page cuz I think we found it.

Awesome!! They're building a cartoon building in the exact style and location of an existing building!!!

Back