Marine Wharf (Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites) | 660 Summer St | Seaport

type001

Reaction score
Looking at what's already built, I don't think the facade is going to be that bright. I could be wrong but it looks more in line with the original rendering.

stick n move

Reaction score
Yea this is bad.. especially when compared to its neighbor and its earlier proposal which was very nice. Oh well, itll fade into the background in due time.

Arborway

Reaction score
This facade is miserable. Anyone still putting up buildings like this should be embarrassed.

HarvardP

Reaction score
It reminds me of Back of the Hill apartments on South Huntington, in profile and quality. You can say this is a utilitarian hotel in a borderland and thus doesn't need to be anything special, but it's a big step down from "just ok".

Life Coach Mike

Reaction score
ugh. Looks like the worst of the Revere Beach condos of the 70's. The facade looks fine, though....from a distance of 2 miles or more.

Arborway

Reaction score
It reminds me of Back of the Hill apartments on South Huntington, in profile and quality. You can say this is a utilitarian hotel in a borderland and thus doesn't need to be anything special, but it's a big step down from "just ok".
Back of the Hill was arguably better when it had just a bare concrete facade.

Arlington

Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought "Marine Wharf" was terrible placemaking. Aren't all Wharves marine?

Inland wharf would be interesting. Or marine desert. Marine Wharf not so much.

stick n move

Reaction score
The 1 good thing is that the structure underneath is sound and looks great with a different facade, and so one day it can be reclad as the original idea.