Marine Wharf (Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites) | 660 Summer St | Seaport

Yea this is bad.. especially when compared to its neighbor and its earlier proposal which was very nice. Oh well, itll fade into the background in due time.

This facade is miserable. Anyone still putting up buildings like this should be embarrassed.

It reminds me of Back of the Hill apartments on South Huntington, in profile and quality. You can say this is a utilitarian hotel in a borderland and thus doesn't need to be anything special, but it's a big step down from "just ok".

ugh. Looks like the worst of the Revere Beach condos of the 70's. The facade looks fine, though....from a distance of 2 miles or more.

It reminds me of Back of the Hill apartments on South Huntington, in profile and quality. You can say this is a utilitarian hotel in a borderland and thus doesn't need to be anything special, but it's a big step down from "just ok".

Back of the Hill was arguably better when it had just a bare concrete facade.

I always thought "Marine Wharf" was terrible placemaking. Aren't all Wharves marine?

Inland wharf would be interesting. Or marine desert. Marine Wharf not so much.

The 1 good thing is that the structure underneath is sound and looks great with a different facade, and so one day it can be reclad as the original idea.

NHIXhhS0JuwN-odcx34BbUVydeov4NBwz3J5-5oTaZR5zoS__LnWtg0XC1ls5LPsvu9VS0ODLhhEJ1EpxPHgdJl9ahCatFViCV5tdXFlQ6kE0FJkYmCdB1tG_qZ7cJ9aCvMk4Vg0

RIP blank wall. From a distance you looked kinda cool

49928048868_7a5a3a8603_b.jpg

Why does every new building try to emulate the same optical illusion???

stereogram_oi_checker.jpg

Shifty windows! Everywhere! See! We're fun and challenging the traditions of design by obfuscating rational alignments, proportions, and geometries!

The most egregious being MIT Site 4. A relatively nicely scaled, clad, and proportioned tower. That looks like it's crooked and falling over from any view across the river...
70275441_658087284719808_1311729069898393153_n.jpg

Back