Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

On another note - does anyone remember the little pizza place across from Wang that was literally a hole in the brick facade of that old building, just a little window right on the sidewalk serving slices?

I remember it quite well. My first date and I were in line (more like mob) after the clubs closed to get a slice, and she being the small little white girl that she was, decided to get pissed off at the 3 black women who cut us in line right before the counter. One of them decided to buy a slice and turn around and throw it in my dates face. At which point the person behind us reveled himself to an undercover, and to take out his mace and lace us all with it. I lived close by, (Cortes), and long story short, when your first date is covered in pizza and mace, it is fairly easy to get her back to your place and in the shower, you having to help her disrobe. I actually got a second date out of it. Not to mention...

But anyway, yeah, used hit that pizza window all the time, pretty good pizza at a very good price.

And to bring this back around. This corner has changed A LOT even in the 20 years since I lived there. This hotel will just be another piece. And it seems, in my mind, to be a good one at that.

Beyond the pizza place, there was a nasty bar and lounge attached to it that, design-wise, looked like a combat zone era relic. The place was dumpy and generally half empty, even on a weekend night when Roxy, Underbar and Caprice were all jamming.

Cool... I was underage at that time, just in the area looking for trouble and pizza, so never got that far.

Beyond the pizza place, there was a nasty bar and lounge attached to it that, design-wise, looked like a combat zone era relic. The place was dumpy and generally half empty, even on a weekend night when Roxy, Underbar and Caprice were all jamming.

Dominic's. Place was entirely redone a few years ago and is now Abby Lane. Pretty decent spot.

Funny though, the old pizza window is still there near the W hotel. Not active though.

Not bad for a project first announced in June 2006.

omg,

i forgot you all still have snow on the ground.

what a horror that storm must have been.

it's been quite hot where i'm at..... :)

does anyone know where staging is taking place for this building? are they just going to use the parking spots in the street around it?

If this is really under construction that is amazing. Seeing projects revived from the dead is better than seeing new proposals to me. A mix of both is the best and thats what we currently have so no objections here.

It is under construction. This is site enabling/utility work. You have to prepare a site before you can build on it.

In all my years in Boston, I never once went to that Japanese restaurant. Is it any good? I remember when that opposite corner had a 7-eleven, pimps and prostitutes.

In all my years in Boston, I never once went to that Japanese restaurant. Is it any good? I remember when that opposite corner had a 7-eleven, pimps and prostitutes.

It hasn't been there that long... it used to be meh Chinese restaurant. It's nothing special.

Back