Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

I really like this. Lever house-ish for sure.

cca

A rooftop bar here would be friggin' amazing. And I'm digging the building as a whole too.

Go to this piece in The Improper Bostonian to see some interior renderings that I've never seen before. Very interesting.

Hmm... interesting the left / back half of the tower is going to be something other than glass?

Hmm... interesting the left / back half of the tower is going to be something other than glass?

Yes, discussed up thread. It is a property line wall. So any glass has to be fire rated (i.e. very expensive).

My view (not shown in above pics) shows a few small window openings in the back wall. Otherwise a blank wall with unclear cladding.

Compare this construction to that on Parcels 9 & 10. One is not much like the other, yet both are to be hotels. Amazing.

Yes, discussed up thread. It is a property line wall. So any glass has to be fire rated (i.e. very expensive).

My view (not shown in above pics) shows a few small window openings in the back wall. Otherwise a blank wall with unclear cladding.

I dont think so. To have real glass windows you can use it would have to be the expensive stuff with a fire wall as the next wall. To just put tinted glass over the blank wall would be fine as the wall is the fire rating. Its just a cladding over the fire wall at that point just like the alucobond its fine as long as the windows are not functional. They need to do this more here you see it in other cities and theres nothing wrong with it besides a little dark at night... but a few findows so not completely. Id much rather have dummy glass than a blank wall. I think alucobond is going up here early renders were tree house-esque, not sure now, I really hope so.

I dont think so. To have real glass windows you can use it would have to be the expensive stuff with a fire wall as the next wall. To just put tinted glass over the blank wall would be fine as the wall is the fire rating. Its just a cladding over the fire wall at that point just like the alucobond its fine as long as the windows are not functional. They need to do this more here you see it in other cities and theres nothing wrong with it besides a little dark at night... but a few findows so not completely. Id much rather have dummy glass than a blank wall. I think alucobond is going up here early renders were tree house-esque, not sure now, I really hope so.

There are definitely cutouts in the back wall. Not sure what they would be if not small windows.

picture.php

The view from the rooftop bar here is going to be insane.

There are definitely cutouts in the back wall. Not sure what they would be if not small windows.

picture.php

Yea most “blank walls” are not 100% windowless. It should be a combo of this:

Exterior-Moxy-Rendering-Image-02-768x1024.jpg

https://postimage.org/

58bdbefb04ad0_rsz_rendering_tremont_and_stuart_corner.jpeg

And this:
Its changed since then, but it could still be checkered alcubond on the back side. There are no current renders but Id guess its close.

The back is entirely opaque Alucobond. Actually should look pretty good. Should have a similar aesthetic to the MassArt TreeHouse, just duller:

WeAqe9jh.jpg

Bof9nZrh.jpg

That tone of blue looks wonderful. This is also placed in a perfect spot to fill in another gap in the skyline... Win.

Back