Marriott Moxy Hotel | 240 Tremont Street (Parcel P-7A) | Theater District

BeeLine photos are back! (If there’s an issue with Flickr pro, I’m sure archboston could crowdfund a membership)

BeeLine photos are back! (If there’s an issue with Flickr pro, I’m sure archboston could crowdfund a membership)

Count me in. Hell, let's add a limitless CharlieCard and fuel reimbursement - BeeLine is worth it!

Count me in. Hell, let's add a limitless CharlieCard and fuel reimbursement - BeeLine is worth it!

Thanks for the thought, but the cost of Flickr pro is covered and my trips to the city are my entertainment/joy.

Nice to see what paneling were finally getting. This came out great so far, thanks for the update I was wondering how it looks now. Looks like itll mostly be dark/light gray checkerboard with hints of green to break it up on the rear and wrapping part of the side facing downtown. The side youll see coming down stuart st and out front of the theater is all glass and very thin, awesome. Muuuuuch better than a run of the mill blank wall.... Im looking at you 45 province..

Its short but its wonderful proportions make up for it along with the knife edge facing towards you.

Nice to see what paneling were finally getting. This came out great so far, thanks for the update I was wondering how it looks now. Looks like itll mostly be dark/light gray checkerboard with hints of green to break it up on the rear and wrapping part of the side facing downtown. The side youll see coming down stuart st and out front of the theater is all glass and very thin, awesome. Muuuuuch better than a run of the mill blank wall.... Im looking at you 45 province..

Its short but its wonderful proportions make up for it along with the knife edge facing towards you.

And a very cool double cantilever over both Stuart and Tremont Streets (The Tremont cantilever is a very subtle angle out over the street as you go up).

The ultra rare and highly coveted “better proportions and facade than the renders”

Exterior-Moxy-Rendering-Image-02-768x1024.jpg

If you look at the top of this render it does appear to show the slant in the blue glass, so I guess this silver/white facade covers the other portion of the crown as well as the right side of the towers side facade. That explains whats up with the exposed concrete bumping out. Everything seems to line up, should look great when finished and also have a lit crown/base.

From 12/16

IMG_8538 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_8539 by David Z, on Flickr

So it looks like the blue glass slants until its flush, then behind it will be a silver or white box for the crown that has the left side covered and the slant slowly exposes this box shaped crown behind.

Last edited:
Anyone get a look at the backside of this and see what theyre using?

And I was complaining about black back of 45 Province St. Did not realize it can be made worse...

Nothing new.

Popular WWI camouflage style called Dazzle. Used less in WWII

19a0e4dc28ab72b25e670f739f0a508a.jpg

I wish wed get in the habit of just putting glass over blank walls like many other cities, Chicago especially. Has nothing to do with the fire code, the wall solves that, its about cost. I think its a cost thats well worth it for the life of the building.

Business in front, party in the back.

i don't know how the BPDA missed this, and let this garbage get through.

Needs to be halted. and fixed.

Back