MassMutual | 10 Fan Pier Blvd | Fan Pier Parcel E | Seaport

Tonight from under the ICA canopy
BDF15985-1663-4D16-B95E-47B7B3119B32.jpeg

It's almost impossible to believe that 15 years ago, the steps Neon was standing on were not there, none of the buildings in the foreground were there. Except for the Moakley Courthouse, literally, nothing was there except for vast sections of parking lots. I have to say, it's been an incredible journey following the Seaport's development, watching it morph from parking lots to everything that is there today! It's a beautiful piece of Boston.

Could they be putting this up without a tower crane? Seems odd that a base hasn't appeared yet

They're not nearly to that point. They're just now putting up the forms for the second tier of the central core, and other parts of the site haven't been dug all the way down yet.

They're not nearly to that point. They're just now putting up the forms for the second tier of the central core, and other parts of the site haven't been dug all the way down yet.
When I was passing through the area about a month or so ago - - I ran into some of the "brass hats" talking in the hole -- I asked about the crane and was told the goal was December -- and realistically January allowing for bad weather, etc.

IMG_0111.jpg

Actually, looks like they're putting in the crane base now (the square yellow thing to the right). This makes me realize that every large building has mounting points for a tower crane embedded in its foundation somewhere.

Hallelujah!!!
a Christmas gift from the Crane Santa :cool:

This is Christmas Eve -- Merry Christmas*1 to everyone on ABForum
Peace to all
We can resume the discussion later

🔔 🎄 🔔

Happy Chanukkah
or if you chose to celebrate any other or any Winter Solsticial Commemorative Event -- then felicitous greeting for your celebrations in the appropriate manner for your culture [whether native or adopted]

With this crane up, (4 in Seaport alone) ... plus the 2 at Hub on Causeway, 4 at Cambridge Xing, One at Post Office Square, 1 at Fenway, 1 at Winthrop, 1 at Garden Garage and 1 at Bulfinch.. we must have at least 15 cranes up!

With this crane up, (4 in Seaport alone) ... plus the 2 at Hub on Causeway, 4 at Cambridge Xing, One at Post Office Square, 1 at Fenway, 1 at Winthrop, 1 at Garden Garage and 1 at Bulfinch.. we must have at least 15 cranes up!

There's still one at St. Gabriel's too, I think

Don't for get these.

2 at Childrens Hospital
2 at Boston Landing
2 at Assembly Row
3 in the Ink Block Area.

The 1 at Bulfinch was coming down today.
Not sure what the 1 in the Fenway is?

Don't for get these.

2 at Childrens Hospital
2 at Boston Landing
2 at Assembly Row
3 in the Ink Block Area.

The 1 at Bulfinch was coming down today.
Not sure what the 1 in the Fenway is?

Fenway Center maybe? Is there still a crane up there? I haven't really noticed I may be wrong there.
.. or that development in Kenmore Square in front of the Citgo sign. might have a sign up there now that I think of it.

Fenway Center maybe? Is there still a crane up there? I haven't really noticed I may be wrong there.
.. or that development in Kenmore Square in front of the Citgo sign. might have a sign up there now that I think of it.
No crane at either site as of last week.

Don't forget Kendall Sq. --there is at least one crane easily seen from both the Esplanade / Storrow and the MOS 6th floor

They've started to open up the parking garage. View attachment 2321

Cool, so that's how they remove the piling wall... I've been wondering the specifics of the "how" for years now as the garage gets expanded with each building being added. Years ago, the garage was simply the footprint size of the One Marina Park office building, which was fairly small. Then, one day years later you drive down the same garage entrance and see that the traffic flow markings have changed and the size has increased five fold. It's trippy and disorienting at first.

Back