Millennium (Hayward) Place | 580 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Hayward Place

This project looks stalled.

Is that because of the cold, or what?

This picture was from yesterday, they were hard at work digging, so def not stalled!

0202121034.jpg

Nice, thanks for the update!

And a few from yesterday:

6821965135_b0449e4c94_b.jpg

6823660533_c886238c10_b.jpg

They only have the western half of the site dug out

6821971947_fbb08c4a14_b.jpg

I know this was a parking lot for a long time... but why would you put any utility (sewer?) diagonally across a developable lot, and not down a street? Is this normal in Boston?

Those pipes aren't sewer lines, they're there to hold the slurry wall in place until the foundation is in.

Oh, thought it looked like a utility. It sure is rusty.

Yeah they get used over and over for different projects.

but speaking of underground surprises, you can see in my second picture just left of center that there's an old foundation wall being unearthed.

Oh, I love it. An archaeological mystery.

Based on the 1938 Boston street map I found online, it could be the "Jefferson building" located between Chickering Place and Norfolk Place or the RH White building, just up the road.

Looks as though the roads were slightly reconfigured when they tore those buildings down for the Campeau project?

510870417.png

510870901.png

The dug up foundation might be from "Converse Bldg. Inc."?

I always thought there were tunnels running to and from the old RKO theater.

Re: Filene's

What, what? Hayward Place is known as "Millennium III"?

Boston—The Downtown Crossing area of Boston stands to be revitalized with an autumn, 2013, addition of a new 15-story, 390,000-square-foot luxury residential tower to be built by Boston-based Suffolk Construction.

Ground was recently broken on Millennium Place III, a $220 million project that will consist of 256 apartments ranging from one- to three-bedrooms, 9,700 square feet of ground-floor retail space and 125 below-grade parking spaces. The tower is being designed and built to achieve LEED Silver certification.

http://www.multihousingnews.com/new...to-gain-new-residential-tower/1004045368.html

can we at least get a Millennium Falcon in the mix?

It's Millenium III on the Handel website as well, noticed that yesterday.

Although, it's actually 1110, I suppose.

can we at least get a Millennium Falcon in the mix?

A statue onsite of an actual falcon so only insider geek types will get the reference? I like it. Maybe at the end of a small alley separating the buildings entitled the Kessel Run?

Back