Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
How interesting. I didn't realize the buildings were proportional. Very neat. Thanks for pointing that out Downburst.

By the by- I remember there being some commotion a few months ago as to whether the height included the mechanical penthouse.

I have a dream that someday Copley Place will get built, but I am guessing with the lack of news it's probably back in limbo.

^Nice "before the storm" pano!

I have a dream that someday Copley Place will get built, but I am guessing with the lack of news it's probably back in limbo.

It is approved, and the last news was that there was a lot of prep work to be done and that construction is slated for early 2015. It's probably a good thing that there is no news.

The engineering drawings were on the boards last time I swung by my old joint.
It's still moving as far as can be told.

Still not getting the incongruous glass.

Maybe because it won't be seen by anyone except residents of the tower once it's up?? Won't the lower floors (with consistent glass) be tied into the tower, and roofed over, at completion? Maybe the top 2 floors of glass will fit withthe glass scheme for floors 8 and up on the tower?

Maybe because it won't be seen by anyone except residents of the tower once it's up?? Won't the lower floors (with consistent glass) be tied into the tower, and roofed over, at completion? Maybe the top 2 floors of glass will fit withthe glass scheme for floors 8 and up on the tower?

No. Refer to the section I posted earlier. The glass is all permanent. The podium will only attach to the Burnham building at the lower floors with no glass.

Construction guys said they'll be moving in more of the tower crane today.

Sounds about right. The city permit Website reports that Franklin Street will be closed all weekend at that block for "crane installation".

Sorry it's crappy cellphone pics buts here is the verification that THE CRANE IS UP

awesome! cant wait till the crane and steel is high above the skyline!

Saw the crane poking up all the way from Mass and Comm Ave earlier today. I can't believe this is actually happening.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you...

THE FILENE'S CRANE!!! (8 years overdue!)

20140218_090624_zps92097cc2.jpg

20140218_090618_zps08b0f086.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back