Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that right? 685 feet?

God damn!

piLKRwfeU6Ico.gif

That will make it 40 feet taller than the Millennium Tower that was built recently in San Francisco.

Not to be a choosy beggar or nothin', but is it 685 to the roof or H.O.P.?

Not to be a choosy beggar or nothin', but is it 685 to the roof or H.O.P.?

I would guess, with no basis other than it being much higher than the numbers discussed during approvals, that this is the actual tallest point of the structure.

I would guess, with no basis other than it being much higher than the numbers discussed during approvals, that this is the actual tallest point of the structure.

If I recall correctly, 625 was the height to the highest occupied floor. So 685 would include the mechanical level above that.

Now that's a pleasant surprise! We finally have a plateau-breaker. Fantastic news. Another building over 200 meters!

Height figures on permitting/approval documents only go to the highest occupied floor, so you are right, Mongo. This must include the mechanicals up top.

Also, Mongo, I walked by what is either a complete or closed sales office on Friday, so I believe it is open now.

if you check you the opening seconds of this old video (http://vimeo.com/93483757), the images appear to bear out the height of 685 to the very top. I'd always thought it was a trick of perspective or something.

I noticed they were taking the crane in the middle of the tower down today (either that or it was undergoing some emergency repair). The boom was completely taken off and it was just the tower + cab.

Yup, smaller crane is gone completely now!

and I have noticed a dramatic increase in the speed of the work since the podium floors were finished. For example, the floor they are on now was just started late last week and it looks like it will be done mid/late week this week. We appear to be getting into the 1+ floor per week progress that I have seen from similarly constructed projects.

looks gorgeous hopefully it can be as reflective as it is in the renders. Also amazing that the mechanicals and top floor add 60 feet. If the CSC tower adds the same amount (and it could the mechanicals look as extensive if not more) it would be 759 feet aka taller than the prudential, which it looks like it might be in some renders.

Last edited:
I love these renderings! Nice to see that the market research was favorable enough to use the term "Downtown Crossing" in marketing outreach, a name that developers have consistently shied away from.

I love these renderings! Nice to see that the market research was favorable enough to use the term "Downtown Crossing" in marketing outreach, a name that developers have consistently shied away from.

Yea, I'm glad they didn't use a douchy NYC-esque mish mash of abbreviations like SoWaDTXNoSum or something like that. Downtown Crossing or DTX is just fine.

Quite a pleasant surprise with the height. :) Also, is it me or does the glass have a sort of have a blue-ish grey color.

It always did look taller than 625' in the renderings...

The website lists the sales office on Franklin, Anyone know if that is open?

They've been working on it for a few weeks and all visible construction appeared to finish earlier this month. I work next door at 33 Arch and might swing by to take a look.

Since major construction completed, they've pretty much drawn the blinds on all of the windows so us peons can't look in on all the posh people.

They have a really cool chandelier in that sales office. You can see it through the windows on the corner of Franklin & Hawley.

They have a really cool chandelier in that sales office. You can see it through the windows on the corner of Franklin & Hawley.

Common, Data. How many times did you get yelled at in studio for calling something "cool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back