Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually am amazed at the visual effect from Coolidge and from beacon... Really makes the city feel closer

It's really amazing. The Millennium Tower is prominently at the center of almost every major radial street from downtown in pretty much every direction.

It's really amazing. The Millennium Tower is prominently at the center of almost every major radial street from downtown in pretty much every direction.

You're right. I was driving by Forest Hills this weekend and was shocked when I turned to go north on Washington Street that prominently centered down the road in the distance was Millennium Tower. My inferior iPhone couldn't snap a photo as well as some of the more skilled photographers' cameras can, so if any of you are in the area you should check it out.

It's cool that the tower accentuates how much it's at the center of ye olde Bostone (DBA Downtown Crossing) and how much of the surrounding area has been historically oriented in that direction.

It's cool that the tower accentuates how much it's at the center of ye olde Bostone (DBA Downtown Crossing) and how much of the surrounding area has been historically oriented in that direction.

Underground Like the MT folks say on their sign {the City Rises from Here"} -- they are basically telling the truth visually at least

Someone posted this on r/Boston, but a great shot of how this fits into the skyline from the harbor

tlrjSmn.jpg

Geeez, man, the zoom on your camera is ridiculous. What is that, 600?

Geeez, man, the zoom on your camera is ridiculous. What is that, 600?

Hate to admit it, but I have always been a bit of a simpleton when it comes to these technical terms. It's up to a 30x optical zoom.

This pic is probably with the 30.

IMG_4329 by David Z, on Flickr

This thing looks great when you're coming from Kendall over the Longfellow. It dominates the Beacon Hill skyline.

These pics make me want Winthrop Sq...wish I could just appreciate MT

Anyone know if the top will be lit up at night? Or is it just wait and see?

Has anyone else noticed the odd, darker-colored window treatments on the most recently installed course of the sheer wall? You can see it in Boston02124's last picture. I can't tell whether these are placeholders for the actual windows, or something I should be concerned about (because at this juncture, it doesn't look good). They had been using plywood in other areas that weren't complete. Perhaps someone else has a better idea of what's going on?

Has anyone else noticed the odd, darker-colored window treatments on the most recently installed course of the sheer wall? You can see it in Boston02124's last picture. I can't tell whether these are placeholders for the actual windows, or something I should be concerned about (because at this juncture, it doesn't look good). They had been using plywood in other areas that weren't complete. Perhaps someone else has a better idea of what's going on?

I think you mean curtain wall, yes? The shear walls (massive concrete walls designed to prevent the building from falling over) are internal in this structure. I wouldn't be concerned about the glazed curtain wall's current state of completion. It should be consistent all the way up, as AFAIK, that location on the building is a regular condo floor and not an interstitial MEP level.

I think you mean curtain wall, yes? The shear walls (massive concrete walls designed to prevent the building from falling over) are internal in this structure. I wouldn't be concerned about the glazed curtain wall's current state of completion. It should be consistent all the way up, as AFAIK, that location on the building is a regular condo floor and not an interstitial MEP level.

Well that makes me feel better. Thanks for the correction on the curtain wall terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back