Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Franklin St sidewalk along The Garage at 33 Arch has reopened. The only part that is flush is at Hawley St. Quite disappointed. At least the T headhouse empties at the woonerf elevation, so people should be using the mixed use surface. Pedestrian traffic flow will improve too once the steps are done and the connection to Washington is restored.

pGIpSOhh.jpg

3TTaXAeh.jpg

I really can't figure out why they did it this way. Why not make it all flush?

I really can't figure out why they did it this way. Why not make it all flush?

No idea. The landscape architect indicated early on in the design that the intent was to make it flush. It became clear as the sidewalks were being redone that it wouldn't be the case anymore.

^ any chance it has to do with drainage? Keeping that curb edge there may provide a channel for water to the drain...
Could have been something revisited after the landscape plan.

Yeah i see what looks like a storm drain right in front of the tree in the 2nd pic

^^Awesome shots.

The setback tower kaleidoscope from so many podiums and angles is incredible.

great pix. really wish they'd address covering the top of the screen, but i'll take it.

also -- i really miss being able to check in at AB and see this thing climb all last year and summer/fall. can't wait for 1 dalton to get going vertical.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/na...ing-feeling/49OQyojO6Baee2eLIGfAjP/story.html

More bad news from San Fran...are we definitely sure that Boston MT is anchored into bedrock?

I don't see how MP is continuing to operate with this gigantic lawsuit over their head.

The mayor needs to step up and make sure Boston does not have these issues already...or in the future with Winthrop square.

This San Francisco issue is going to be battled out in the courts for years if not decades. There are way too many parties involved for this to be resolved quickly. For a long time all it is going to cost MP is the lawyer's fees.

"Today, the only beneficiaries of the [San Francisco] Millennium Tower appear to be the armies of lawyers mobilizing for what is expected to be years of litigation." Per the Globe article.

The Globe posters offer a view inside the minds of the proletariat.

That photo is amazing.

the city is bright enough that you can see the roof at night,

but, i'd like to see something like a violet/blueish glow tucked behind the screen to make the roofline prominent.

it's way too damn dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back