Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Your shot makes Government Center Plaza look good. (Of course you cut out all the brick) ;)

It really is amazing how many great vantage points there are for this building. It seems like every main road towards Downtown has an amazing view: Columbus near NU, Boylston near Copley....Straight roads with the tower right in the middle of the street in the distance.

Vertical panorama time from today at lunch - they are wrapping up the pedestrian zone out front:

2DmFMtN.jpg

Can someone post a photo of MT? I don't know what it looks like.

I mean, I look at it all day from my high-rise office - figure that people who live and work outside of the city might appreciate seeing the streetscape develop. You are on a forum dedicated to people tracking and photographing construction projects, lol

I mean, I look at it all day from my high-rise office - figure that people who live and work outside of the city might appreciate seeing the streetscape develop. You are on a forum dedicated to people tracking and photographing construction projects, lol

I think it's about time to move new photos to a Millennium Photos page since this development project is basically finished. Something similar to Hancock of the day in the Boston Architecture and Urbanism section.

This is exactly why I am here.

Thank you.

i like today's shot and i'd be happy to see more (and more!) -- please don't stop!

Until all construction apparatus is removed from the site this is still an active project and photos are welcome.

Maybe keep it all on this thread... but move it to the corect subforum page?

God this tower kicks ass.

Until all construction apparatus is removed from the site this is still an active project and photos are welcome.

There's the visible construction apparatus: the stuff involving the fenced-off stadium seating and the nearly-complete paving of Franklin St. between Hawley & Washington.

But there's also the "invisible" construction apparatus: the PABU sushi joint on the 2nd floor is opening really soon.

'Bout time Boston had some serious high-end sushi/sake bombing scenario to at least modestly mimic a fraction of what the West Coast can boast.

Or, at the very least, to make this no more than a painful memory permanently consigned to the Hollywood scrapheap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlUWBhlCa4

Old Navy won't be opening until next year too.

I'm sorry, I know this comes across as severe nitpicking, but I don't count the Old Navy space as the tower (although of course you're right about the pending opening).

It's some other connecting/concourse thing--it's neither the old Filene's building, nor is it the tower. I guess I'll just call the concourse forevermore... either way, it will surely be given a Washington St. address as opposed to 1 Franklin St., right?

I'm sorry, I know this comes across as severe nitpicking, but I don't count the Old Navy space as the tower (although of course you're right about the pending opening).

It's some other connecting/concourse thing--it's neither the old Filene's building, nor is it the tower. I guess I'll just call the concourse forevermore... either way, it will surely be given a Washington St. address as opposed to 1 Franklin St., right?

Um, no. It's the tower's podium. It's very much part of Millennium Tower.

Um, no. It's the tower's podium. It's very much part of Millennium Tower.

Technically, I suppose, yes. But to me it seems like a "thing apart":

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/b5gQhwRHroZiNaFv3CHhf-ZYy9w=/0x600/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4661001/mil22.0.jpg

It seems so decoupled/disjointed from the main tower mass--as well as the higher section of the podium that runs on the Franklin St. facade--that I will always think of it a connecting concourse between the tower and the old Filene's building. But I do concede that formally it's part of the overall tower aesthetic program/block.

I think it's about time to move new photos to a Millennium Photos page since this development project is basically finished. Something similar to Hancock of the day in the Boston Architecture and Urbanism section.

Only for people who look at tops of buildings and don't care about the ground level street treatment. The plaza level is what interests me now. That plaza and how it can transform the pedestrian experience for downtown crossing is one of the most important developments in Boston. You are basically leaving a no-hitter in the 8th inning. :)

MP was right when they posted that sign "Downtown Rises from Here" -- in such short time that building has become transformational

Now someone needs to transform Barnes & Noble into something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back