Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millennium Tower - Filene's

All that means is that you have to wait a bit. Yes, you ARE going to have to wait before the tower is built. Patience is a virtue. This is actually the MOST responsible way of funding and building this project. This kind of security ensures that the building will actually be built. You can't just blindly build a tower. It doesn't work. See Columbus Center and Trans-National Place.

Would you rather have a 5-6 year wait and have a tower or have a 10-20-30-whatever year wait to secure obscure funding to build this tower and still have no tower?

The thing that annoys me most about Columbus Center is had it started construction a few years ago it would've been a tremendous success today given the additional inventory it would've meant for the Back Bay/South End housing market.

:(

Why would Target's need for a loading dock be different from Filene's, and Filene's Basement's?

Supply chain management is completely different from when the previous bits were built - have to assume Target needs loading docks built a specific way to minimize truck idle time whereas a specialty retailer can work with what they're given to be in a 'landmark' location.

Why would Target's need for a loading dock be different from Filene's, and Filene's Basement's?

Also possible that Target would want to sell perishables and would have a lot more delivery needs than an occasional truckload of clothing like Filenes. Also, there is a lot more volume of stuff sold.

The grocery is going to need a loading dock, and I assume the plan is to use the old Filene's dock, but maybe I'm wrong?

The grocery is going to need a loading dock, and I assume the plan is to use the old Filene's dock, but maybe I'm wrong?

The developers have stated numerous times at numerous meetings that loading would be done in the same location as Filene's was.

I got this in a downtown crossing email today.

Millennium Tower: 600 units, groundbreaking this spring.

I have the feeling they lumped the start of the tower with the start of Filene's.

I suppose if you're gonna do site work... why not do all the site work.

Can we please begin construction on this one.

What could a Norman Foster designed Filene's tower look like?

It would be awesome if that ever actually happened.

According to the Herald, Menino announced today that construction will start on the Filene's site in late Spring.

According to the Herald, Menino announced today that construction will start on the Filene's site in late Spring.

Wow, that's great!!! ................until late Spring rolls around and it's announced that it will start in November.

Is there a word for cynicism mixed with sarcasm? Sarcacism? Cynicasm?

Great news if true. It will be fun to watch a real tower rise.

That's a good one!

Great news if true. It will be fun to watch a real tower rise.

I'll believe it when I see it, but yes, Boston really needs something like this. What I have noticed in this current "boom" is that many of these new buildings seem to be detracting from the skyline more than adding to it. Boston had much more of a vertical impact 20 years ago, but now there are too many "steps" without any height increases.

Frankly, until this or the Copley Place tower (preferably both) starts rising from the ground, I will continue to vacillate between disappointed and despondent. I'm supposed to move back in less than 2 months, and I expected both of these towers to be out of the ground by now. Well, fool me once, shame on you, but fool me for 15 straight effin' years (starting with SST)... then you must be Boston!!!

As in start construction on Millennium Tower or the Filene's/Burnham building? Was the article clear?

As we've said time and time again, the Millennium Tower construction is not supposed to start until Filene's is rehabbed and occupied.

As in start construction on Millennium Tower or the Filene's/Burnham building? Was the article clear?

As we've said time and time again, the Millennium Tower construction is not supposed to start until Filene's is rehabbed and occupied.

Well Menino isn't indicating a change in construction, he's giving a political speech about how great Boston is, heading off his critics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back